Random Posting

Eric

8 hours ago, tous said:

I have noticed a somewhat surprising, large increase in the number of television advertisements for EV automobiles after seeing few or none for the past 120 days.

The commercials (the English call them 'adverts') are exclusively for high-end automobiles: BMW, Mercedes, Lincoln, Cadillac.

They ain't featuring Chevrolet Bolts or Ford Mustang Mach-Es in those ads and I have noticed the ads for less premium EV automobiles, especially from Volkswagen and Hyundai, have virtually disappeared.

Automobile companies aren't dumb, nor are their advertising agencies.

Why the sudden increase in promoting high-end EV automobiles when statistics show that no one wants them?

Either I am overthinking this, or there is about to be new government (taxpayer funded :upeyes:   ) huge tax credits or flat-out subsidies for such vehicles.

Mebbe Greta will be able to afford one after we pay for most of it.

Note that they are not pushing hybrids, only battery-powered  luxury automobiles.

I remain curious.

So, there.

I've been seeing a lot of ads trying to convince people congestion pricing (toll) in Manhattan is a good thing.  People are NOT happy.

Glad I don't live in, nor have to commute to NYC!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, minderasr said:

I've been seeing a lot of ads trying to convince people congestion pricing (toll) in Manhattan is a good thing.  People are NOT happy.

Glad I don't live in, nor have to commute to NYC!

First they convince you to live together, it's better for all.  Then you get a job where you live together, to minimize the transit and time spent traveling to work. Then they tax you for your wages for working, then they tax you for your fuel, then they tax you for living together, then they tax you for using the bridges and roadways you need to get to work, then they tax you and penalize you for working near your work, your "congestion" of all living and working together.

It's like it's a big plot to take all  your money and get you all in a situation where you have no other choices.  Like punishing the sheep for belonging to the herd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '"You are what you do, not what you say you will do." -Carl -CarlJung Carl Jung'

"...Some of Obama’s detractors had a point. The Nobel Peace Prize has been given to political dissidents and freedom fighters with long histories of great personal sacrifice against brutal oppression. By comparison, Obama’s record, though laudable, was thin. And then there was the immediate irony of granting the Peace Prize to a president whose country was embroiled in war....", https://daily.jstor.org/did-barack-obama-deserve-the-nobel-prize/

• Like 2