Random Posting

Eric

6 hours ago, minderasr said:

Damn, you're a lot older than I thought!

:wink2:

Listening to CB long ago.  Heard two truckers entering Minneapolis during the Winter.  One was saying his RPM's were falling and the other one told him his fuel was Gelling.  Seems he filled up down South somewhere.

Guys asks what do I do???? The other trucker told him to stop at the first truck stop he could find and buy a case of "Heet" and pour it all into his tanks.

I never heard the conclusion but it was interesting to hear that the fuel in states like Minnesota was "conditioned" to prevent gelling.  The things you learn when you keep your mouth shut are interesting.

Of course, this was way back when Heet was effective and not the crap you buy now.  Naturally most fuel contains some Alcohol now too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Listening to CB long ago.  Heard two truckers entering Minneapolis during the Winter.  One was saying his RPM's were falling and the other one told him his fuel was Gelling.  Seems he filled up down South somewhere.

Guys asks what do I do???? The other trucker told him to stop at the first truck stop he could find and buy a case of "Heet" and pour it all into his tanks.

I never heard the conclusion but it was interesting to hear that the fuel in states like Minnesota was "conditioned" to prevent gelling.  The things you learn when you keep your mouth shut are interesting.

Of course, this was way back when Heet was effective and not the crap you buy now.  Naturally most fuel contains some Alcohol now too.

Some would use bottleded additives, others would cut the fuel with #1 kerosene, and others would mix in unleaded gasoline. The gasoline was risky. hard on injection pumps, injectors and pistons if the ratio was too high.

As for alcohol, I never heard of them adding that to diesel fuel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmohme said:

Some would use bottleded additives, others would cut the fuel with #1 kerosene, and others would mix in unleaded gasoline. The gasoline was risky. hard on injection pumps, injectors and pistons if the ratio was too high.

As for alcohol, I never heard of them adding that to diesel fuel.

"Iso-HEET is a form of HEET that removes water and cleans fuel injectors. This is sometimes referred to as “isopropyl” because of its main ingredient."

Remember, this was 40 or more years ago!  I believe back then HEET was a blend of Alcohol and Ether.  I don't know how much of either.  Today's Heet is not the same at all.