Random Posting

Eric

9 hours ago, pipedreams said:

9fd9df366f0390c8.jpg.8b93b27078a59459a606657c71372332.jpg

Always tell them you love them.  My wife once asked my why I tell her that all the time.  I said it's because I don't know when it will be the last time and I want it to be the last thing she hears from me.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Holding onto the other end of the wires the first guy was cutting.

It's called "Stealing Copper",  or "Electrocution", depending on how good you are at stealing Copper.

These (insert every possible vulgarity here) will do tens of thousand of dollars of damage to a building for a few dollars of copper. I lobbied for new penalties for companies buying stripped copper and catalytic converters but the state didn’t really care. They did do a token crackdown on converters in the end. 

• Like 2

Just now, Batesmotel said:

These (insert every possible vulgarity here) will do tens of thousand of dollars of damage to a building for a few dollars of copper. I lobbied for new penalties for companies buying stripped copper and catalytic converters but the state didn’t really care. They did do a token crackdown on converters in the end. 

States don't want to antagonize the "new voters".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

You never get "over" it, but to be healthy and whole again, you have to get "past" it. 

Thought I was, but recently losses seem to be stacking up so now I’m not sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

When things pile up, it makes it tough. Still has to be worked through. You deserve to be happy and healthy, remember, those loved ones probably want that for you too. Never give up.

Don't be too proud to ask for help if you don't find yourself making progress, or it is too slow to make any gains.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Always tell them you love them.  My wife once asked my why I tell her that all the time.  I said it's because I don't know when it will be the last time and I want it to be the last thing she hears from me.

I’ve been especially diligent about this since losing my wife. Need to become even more so.

Relatives, friends, pets. If I love them I try to say so often. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

You never get "over" it, but to be healthy and whole again, you have to get "past" it. 

I have good friends that cling to losses from decades ago. They can be annoying to be around when they hit the self pity party button.

I am still working on changing patterns of behavior, thought, and emotion that stems from early childhood abuse.   You do have to let go of the patterns that may have served a certain purpose for a certain time.  Grief is real and has to be experienced, but it has a season and you shouldn't dwell on it or live there past that season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I am still working on changing patterns of behavior, thought, and emotion that stems from early childhood abuse.   You do have to let go of the patterns that may have served a certain purpose for a certain time.  Grief is real and has to be experienced, but it has a season and you shouldn't dwell on it or live there past that season.

We are old enough that my wife often mentions how many friends and acquaintances have died.  I have no means to comfort her mild anxiety over this, other than to tell her that the best revenge is to outlive everyone. 

Look on it as being a survivor even in the face of death.  I think I'm little comfort to her other than the fact that I'll not leave her.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Grief has it's cycle. You will deal with every step to recover. Some are plowed through, some take time, and it's all OK.

Just don't build your house and life on any of it. Plenty easy to say, not always easy to do. 

Like already said, if you find yourself not making progress, seek help. You deserve to have a full life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is a cliche which says…

As your life approaches its end you will see a movie of your past. Be sure it’s worth watching.

In my case so far it seems I’m viewing brief - very brief - slide shows and videos. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I started to select the laughing emoji and then I thought, maybe the sad emoji ... (I still want to laugh ... but with all due sympathy, lol.)

My doctors says I’m suffering the sins of my youth. Many were work related.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Just bear in mind that you are not the first, nor not the last, and in company with many other good people having the same problem.  It will get in perspective with time.  Salut! :drink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

You know those OSHA training movies? Yea, that’s my life. 

I had to attend a three week OSHA compliance class.  It was taught by an retired OSHA inspector.  

It was a very depressing three weeks. The main thing I learned is that it is nearly impossible to be 100% OSHA compliant.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I had to attend a three week OSHA compliance class.  It was taught by an retired OSHA inspector.  

It was a very depressing three weeks. The main thing I learned is that it is nearly impossible to be 100% OSHA compliant.

Just like no combat ready battalion will pass an inspection.

I was the Store Carpenter for Lowes. I did maintenance and general construction work but any safety issues took immediate priority. It is impossible to be 100% compliant no matter how hard you try. Especially when different regulations are contradicting. Local, county, state and federal regulations often conflict.

Did you know that up to about 1990, if you worked at a gas station you were technically a felon because of conflicting codes, laws and regulations in the petroleum industry. 

35 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I've done ALL the icy, snowy driving that I want to do  ... no more for me, if at all possible.

**00 00 00 daily_gifdump_4634_05.gif

I spent a number or years in the great white north as a heavy wrecker driver and had to rescue the fools that were convinced that they knew how to drive on Ice.

I think it was in 1884. I as on I 64 hooking up to a gelled up Freighliner and looked up to see a jack knived tractor trailer comeing at me like that . It came to a stop before it hit us, but I still had to step aside and evaluate my underwear.

I am soooo glad I moved to Texas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Just like no combat ready battalion will pass an inspection.

I was the Store Carpenter for Lowes. I did maintenance and general construction work but any safety issues took immediate priority. It is impossible to be 100% compliant no matter how hard you try. Especially when different regulations are contradicting. Local, county, state and federal regulations often conflict.

Did you know that up to about 1990, if you worked at a gas station you were technically a felon because of conflicting codes, laws and regulations in the petroleum industry. 

One that comes to mind is the definition of empty. OSHA, EPA, and DOT had three different definitions at that time.

• Like 1

Years ago we were working in the road, truck had flashing lights as required by federal regulations and OSHAt. Another truck hits our truck. Insurance decided it was our fault because state law didn't allow the flashing lights, didn't prohibit them, but didn't allow them. 

I said "It's a federal highway." Two days later the said "That doesn't matter."

So I went to my state legislator and got the flashing lights specifically allowed by law. 

Years later the insurance adjuster was in an accident. It was his fault. Guess who wrote him a ticket for everything wrong with his fancy car. I got the window tint, the tires sticking out past the fenders, the window stickers, the over wattage headlights, the obscured taillights with stickers, headlights below minimum height, and about a dozen other things that I almost never wrote a ticket for.

We had to simply follow the law, his standard, not mine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jmohme said:

One that comes to mind is the definition of empty. OSHA, EPA, and DOT had three different definitions at that time.

Back when gas tankers were top fill-bottom dump it was impossible to be OSHA, EPA and DOT compliant. Largely because of definitions. Especially when dumping. Even state and federal EPA were in conflict. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

By design I suspect. 

• Like 4