Random Posting

Eric

53 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Cold weather do that? If so how cold? If not cold weather, then what?

If you notice, there is a joint very close to the break. There has been a repair there.

may very well be a defect in the rail that caused the cold weather break to be that large.

‘it wasn’t just the crown of the railhead that broke, but the entire rail from top to bottom. That’s another indication of a rail defect. A Sperry car would have picked that up pretty quickly

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

If you notice, there is a joint very close to the break. There has been a repair there.

may very well be a defect in the rail that caused the cold weather break to be that large.

‘it wasn’t just the crown of the railhead that broke, but the entire rail from top to bottom. That’s another indication of a rail defect. A Sperry car would have picked that up pretty quickly

This is a TBS moment.   We have a real life train driving engineer explaining this to us.  :greensupergrin:

• Like 2

While watching the kid's softball game,  I strolled down the hill and put pennies on the track.

Not ten minutes later,  a track-truck came and stopped at that exact spot. 

I'm guessing I was on camera,  screwing with the track.

They took my pennies.  dammit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

While watching the kid's softball game,  I strolled down the hill and put pennies on the track.

Not ten minutes later,  a track-truck came and stopped at that exact spot. 

I'm guessing I was on camera,  screwing with the track.

They took my pennies.  dammit.

Next to a kids ball field... they probably have the area under constant surveillance. 

• Sad 1

There was a rail spur by my grandmother’s house going to a couple big future stores. Everything on that spur moved very slow. We put lots of little things on the tracks. Eventually we would sit next to the tracks and feed things under the wheels. Fishing poles, bicycle forks, anything long and thin. Just watched them get chewed up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

There was a rail spur by my grandmother’s house going to a couple big future stores. Everything on that spur moved very slow. We put lots of little things on the tracks. Eventually we would sit next to the tracks and feed things under the wheels. Fishing poles, bicycle forks, anything long and thin. Just watched them get chewed up. 

Did lots of pennies and rocks. Tried midgets but they were uncooperative little buggers.

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Earth vs. the Spider

Sally Fraser,  Ed Kemmer,  June Kenney

Director: Bert I. Gordon

MoviesHorror

120 mins, TV14, Captioned

After police stun a giant spider with DDT, it is kept in the local high-school gym. However, the noise of a local rock band revives the spider and it wreaks havoc on the town.

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic