Random Posting

Eric

Well....I just learned this:

The first American hostile action against Axis forces that resulted in physical destruction was on 14 September 1941, when USCGC Northland destroyed a German weather station in northeast Greenland. The action was based on an agreement with Danish Ambassador to the United States Henrik Kauffmann in April 1941 to patrol the Danish island.[12]

FREAKIN AMAZING!!!   USCG!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The start of the war.

The first commercial ship sunk by the Germans was the USS Robin Moor 21-May-1941.

The first American warship damaged/sunk was the USS Ruben James, 31-October-1941.

USS Cynthia Olson was likely sunk by the Japanese on Dec. 6th.    Before the actual attack on Pearl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had my first Dr.'s Appointment of the new year a few days ago.  Always a "fun" experience if you're over 65 and on medicare.  Medicare mandates that the Dr.'s, (their Nurses actually), ask a bunch of questions to find out if you're heading in to dementia basically.  "Count backwards from 10 to 1."  "Recite the months of the year backwards"...and other, demeaningly stupid questions.  I remember when that crap first started when I was 65.  Raised so much hell, that the nurse got up and left.  When the Dr. came in he said, "Sorry about the stupid questions, It's part of medicare's "Wellfare Check" for older patients."  I said, well, It's truly demeaning to be treated "Differently" cause I'm older, and I won't be answering those questions any more, period.  Every year after that, (he must have put a note in my file or something),  the "questions" were actually relevant.

This year, there was a new nurse...She started out explaining to me that "medicare requires that I ask you some questions.  Count backwards from 10 to 1.  Tryin to be nice, I did.  Then the next question.  "Recite the months of the year back...."  HOLD UP, I said!!  "Not gonna be answering any more of those stupid questions."  But, I'll "Recite" this for ya mam!

"30 days has September, April, June and November.  All the rest have 31, except February, to which we 28 assign, till Leap year makes it 29."  She just looked at me, and finally said, "THAT is really incredible!!  I've never heard that before, and...I will remember that.  THAT is useful.  Thank you.   "The Doctor will be in in a few minutes, you have a good day".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

Had my first Dr.'s Appointment of the new year a few days ago.  Always a "fun" experience if you're over 65 and on medicare.  Medicare mandates that the Dr.'s, (their Nurses actually), ask a bunch of questions to find out if you're heading in to dementia basically.  "Count backwards from 10 to 1."  "Recite the months of the year backwards"...and other, demeaningly stupid questions.  I remember when that crap first started when I was 65.  Raised so much hell, that the nurse got up and left.  When the Dr. came in he said, "Sorry about the stupid questions, It's part of medicare's "Wellfare Check" for older patients."  I said, well, It's truly demeaning to be treated "Differently" cause I'm older, and I won't be answering those questions any more, period.  Every year after that, (he must have put a note in my file or something),  the "questions" were actually relevant.

This year, there was a new nurse...She started out explaining to me that "medicare requires that I ask you some questions.  Count backwards from 10 to 1.  Tryin to be nice, I did.  Then the next question.  "Recite the months of the year back...."  HOLD UP, I said!!  "Not gonna be answering any more of those stupid questions."  But, I'll "Recite" this for ya mam!

"30 days has September, April, June and November.  All the rest have 31, except February, to which we 28 assign, till Leap year makes it 29."  She just looked at me, and finally said, "THAT is really incredible!!  I've never heard that before, and...I will remember that.  THAT is useful.  Thank you.   "The Doctor will be in in a few minutes, you have a good day".

I have never had those questions ask, either that or I'm so old I forgot.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I have never had those questions ask, either that or I'm so old I forgot.

Broke my ankle but one idiot ER nurse thought I had a head injury. My foot was 110° out of position but she insisted I hit my head. She wanted a psychological exam. They tried the recite the months backwards crap. I refused saying I’m so dyslexic I have trouble saying them forward. When the shrink got there we had an argument but that is a different story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic