Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Eric said:

This is a very interesting Duesenberg. I’ve never seen it before, but I love the lines. I wish I knew who the coach builder was.

CB66FC9A-7781-4A36-ACA5-9814D5678067.jpeg

Rabbi figured it out.  It’s a 1935 Duesenberg Model J, with coachwork by d'Leteren Freres.

That pic is around 40 years old. That car looks very different today.

0F8EDDC2-2881-47EC-93DA-AEE435FB2AE0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/22/2022 at 6:05 AM, pipedreams said:

Nice '56

9d80507c0f827e3d.jpg

Having lived through this era and also indulged in various forms of bodywork, I learned to hate Ford for the design of the headlight bucket in this style.  Everything caught salt and dirt thrown up by the front tires and the rust gutted the headlight buckets out in short order.

They eventually solved this problem with a cheezy but effective piece of tarry paper, that blocked the crap from the tire to the bucket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eric said:

This Duesenberg was built near the beginning of Duesenberg’s existence. The blue Duesenberg above was built in the company’s last year.

C87C1318-EE5F-4629-BE0C-26D9C5FD7087.jpeg

Something that I have never be sure about:  Did Duesenberg ever deliver a complete, key-in-the-ignition, drive-it=away automobile or did they just deliver a chassis and running gear and the customer had to find their own coach builder?

• Like 2