Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, tous said:

Where is the turn signal stalk on the port side of the steering wheel column?

At least that automobile doesn't have a fake Continental kit trunk lid.

I've worked on a couple of Chrysler 300s from that era. I don't remember how the turn signals were actuated though. Notice the push-button shifter on the dash to the left of the steering wheel? There is a park lever beneath the push buttons, that engages the park lug in the transmission. Chrysler did a lot of unusual things like that during that time.

• Like 4

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, tous said:

Where is the turn signal stalk on the port side of the steering wheel column?

At least that automobile doesn't have a fake Continental kit trunk lid.

Actually, I was mistaken about the turn signals on the car pictured above. I've worked on a lot of Chryslers with push-button transmission controls. There is usually a park lever below or beside the push-buttons. In this case though, the lever beneath the transmission buttons is the turn signal lever. I'm not sure where they put the park lever, on this model.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

I've worked on a couple of Chrysler 300s from that era. I don't remember how the turn signals were actuated though. Notice the push-button shifter on the dash to the left of the steering wheel? There is a park lever beneath the push buttons, that engages the park lug in the transmission. Chrysler did a lot of unusual things like that during that time.

While driving slowly up hill a friend of mine said watch this, I'm typing.  and ran his fingers quickly through all the shift buttons.  Jammed the tranny and had to have his brother that owned the car come to drag it home.

I've had the push button transmission before .  My '55 2dr HT Crown Imperial, had the shift lever on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Two sets of rear wheels. Are they driven by two air cooled flat fours?

I would highly, seriously, almost positively doubt that, as would you, but the pictures are all I could find about this particular VW. I don't have any information regarding the specs or the build.

• Like 1