Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1965 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus Limo - Endless Summer Limo Services - Maui, HI - (Sold. No Longer In Business) VW Restomoded By VW-Only Restoration Shop In Southern CA.

1965 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus Limo - Endless Summer Limo Services - Maui, HI - (Sold. No Longer In Business) VW Made By VW-Only Restoration Shop In Southern CA - 1.jpg

1965 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus Limo - Endless Summer Limo Services - Maui, HI - (Sold. No Longer In Business) VW Made By VW-Only Restoration Shop In Southern CA - 2.jpg

1965 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus Limo - Endless Summer Limo Services - Maui, HI - (Sold. No Longer In Business) VW Made By VW-Only Restoration Shop In Southern CA - 3.jpg

1965 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus Limo - Endless Summer Limo Services - Maui, HI - (Sold. No Longer In Business) VW Made By VW-Only Restoration Shop In Southern CA - 4.jpg

1965 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus Limo - Endless Summer Limo Services - Maui, HI - (Sold. No Longer In Business) VW Made By VW-Only Restoration Shop In Southern CA - 5.jpg

Put 10 people in that and ....never mind it ain't goin' nowhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Put 10 people in that and ....never mind it ain't goin' nowhere

I can't find the original article that I saw several years ago, but when this thing got it's overhaul by the CA company they gave it some more juice and upgraded the suspension and complete drive train as well as a complete rust-proofing due to it being sent to HI. It was supposed to be enough power to get it around in the mountains of HI and enough protection to keep it from rusting away.

As a lover of VW's, I would agree with you completely about the normal underpowered older VW's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I can't find the original article that I saw several years ago, but when this thing got it's overhaul by the CA company they gave it some more juice and upgraded the suspension and complete drive train as well as a complete rust-proofing due to it being sent to HI. It was supposed to be enough power to get it around in the mountains of HI and enough protection to keep it from rusting away.

As a lover of VW's, I would agree with you completely about the normal underpowered older VW's.

Back in "the day" I had a few of those, with 4 people on board it was....row   row   row your boat...lotta shifting

• Like 2

1959 Volkswagen Compact Semi With Camper Trailer
Designed and built by Ken Nethken.

In the Beginning there was a rusty 1959 (Small rear window) single cab pick up. It’s powered by a 1600 single-port engine, with dual carbs from a Type III, mounted backwards. The transmission is from a VW Van circa 1964, with 1968 bug axles, thus eliminating the reduction gear boxes and also reversing the rear drum rotation. The original doors were removed to be substituted with a set from a 1965 bus, as were the latching panels. The exhaust stacks, have NO muffler, which emit a strong Diesel-like sound.
The fuel tank is in the nose from Triumph TR4, set on it's end with it's chrome cap mounted top and center. The grille is a refrigerator shelf. Headlamps rescued from type III front fenders, rotated 90 degrees, and fog lights converted into turn signals. The cab running lights came from a 1962 bug. The front bumper formerly on a Type IV. Chrome step behind front wheels came from a motorcycle side guard. Drive wheels are N-50-15.

The rear tractor axle is a spring-loaded tag axle able to run out of track to better negotiate a turn without scrubbing tires on the pavement.
The trailer is a Possum belly 32.’ The rear trailer axle is from a 1970 Cadillac El Dorado.
The camper is cooled with the Thermo King reefer unit. The camper is equipped with all the necessities including a fireplace.

1959 Volkswagen Compact Semi With Camper Trailer - 1.jpg

1959 Volkswagen Compact Semi With Camper Trailer - 2.jpg

1959 Volkswagen Compact Semi With Camper Trailer - 3.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/18/2022 at 2:31 AM, Eric said:

A8817E09-CB9F-4A01-B3BF-081EDE8D648C.jpeg

Front wheel drive was fun.  One a road to work years ago, there was a large square steel tubing railing separating two lanes of traffic each way into St. Paul.  Traffic was heavy and back then, very aggressive.  

As I slowly passed an amazing scene, there was an Oldsmobile Tornado sitting squarely on top of that steel tubing balanced perfectly.  It looked like he tried to force a pass of the right lane and crowded the center railing. 

I went slightly under a back corner of the vehicle to get passed.  I wonder what he told the insurance company?  :noooo:

The front drive wheel caught the railing and crawled him right up on top.  Same problem as open wheel racing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Front wheel drive was fun.  One a road to work years ago, there was a large square steel tubing railing separating two lanes of traffic each way into St. Paul.  Traffic was heavy and back then, very aggressive.  

As I slowly passed an amazing scene, there was an Oldsmobile Tornado sitting squarely on top of that steel tubing balanced perfectly.  It looked like he tried to force a pass of the right lane and crowded the center railing. 

I went slightly under a back corner of the vehicle to get passed.  I wonder what he told the insurance company?  :noooo:

The front drive wheel caught the railing and crawled him right up on top.  Same problem as open wheel racing.

My brother had an Oldsmobile Tornado for awhile. Don’t recall driving it nor really much about it.  

• Like 1