FINALLY!!!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

IMG_5704.jpeg

This is the first thing that popped into my head, when I saw your pic.

mars-attacks-martians-social.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Maser said:

So, what's the morel to this story? 

LOL. DO NOT GET BETWEEN ME AND THE FRYING PAN WHEN I HAVE MORELS.  

We walked into the house, fried them up in butter with a tiny bit of garlic salt, and snarfed them right down.  I rarely get to actually cook Turkey Picatta with Morel Sauce because either NO ONE IS SUCCESSFUL AT TURKEY HUNTING (hint, hint) or there are no morels to be found that year... or when they are found, no one can stop themselves from eating them RIGHT THEN.  We left the old one, the little one, and the one that something smashed.  I hope there are more later this week.  Last year they were in the pine woods, this year they were in the yard at the edge of the pine woods. I don't know what's up with that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Hunting them? Or just happened upon them?

I sent the kid to look where they came up last year, but she found a couple by the old barn before she even made it into the pine woods, called me to come look, and then I found a couple more nearby.  When we hunted in the woods there weren’t any.  I think she mowed over one yesterday driving the ZTR too fast to see…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ramjet38 said:

I would kill anyone you want to have a mess of those fried Morel mushrooms again.  Haven't had any I know for at least 40 years.

Some guy up the road from me was selling them in half pound bags, but they were gone before I even knew he had them.  The local (not a chain) grocery store sells them fresh… for $84/lb.  Yes, eighty four dollars a pound.  And people buy them!  And I admit I’m tempted when we don’t find any because they are so tasty.  😋 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

Ewww   Strange mushrooms      Hey Alice, can we eat these...

You have to wonder about the conversation amongst the first people to eat one of those.

"Look at this stuff, some plant, supposed to be good for you."

"Did you try it?"

"I'm not going to try it.  You try it."

"I'm not going to try it."

"Let's get Mickey!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, tous said:

You have to wonder about the conversation amongst the first people to eat one of those.

"Did you try it?"

"Let's get Mickey!"

What about the first people to pick coffee beans out of a pile of crap and brew it up. Who thought that was a good idea?

Kopi luwak

Kopi luwak, also known as civet coffee, is a coffee that consists of partially digested coffee cherries, which have been eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus).
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, tous said:

"Did you try it?"

"Let's get Mickey!"

Unfortunately, Mikey was still tripping balls on the last mushrooms they had him try and could not be located.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, tous said:

Why is Mickey pronounced M-eye-kee and Mickey Mouse pronounced M-ick-ee?  :headscratch:

Someone at Walt Disney eat the wrong mushrooms, and the rest of the world took the same trip without leaving the farm? O.o

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, DAKA said:

Ewww   Strange mushrooms      Hey Alice, can we eat these...

No, you can not. Exposure to them is almost as dangerous as eating weapons grade plutonium. 

If you happen to stumble across any, please consider your safety and send them to me for proper disposal. :)

• Haha 3