YOU TUBE GOODBYE

DAKA

10 hours ago, DAKA said:

You Tube USED to be something to just watch, not any more....They are running ADS that you can't Click" out of 

Now, honestly, I understand why they do ads. But they do it so hamhandedly that it's not cool. I guess really that a membership is the best answer. That way you have to decide whether all the suboptimal content that's on there is worth the price. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Now, honestly, I understand why they do ads. But they do it so hamhandedly that it's not cool. I guess really that a membership is the best answer. That way you have to decide whether all the suboptimal content that's on there is worth the price. 

They're trying to push everyone to their "premium" subscription based offering.  No thank you.

Most of the "talent" has turned to becoming paid advertisers disguised as honest reviewers.  The almighty YT algorithm has forced this on them. If they want to continue to earn a living, they must bow to the master.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not willing to pay them, so I just suffer through the ads.

Today it started replaying the last few seconds before the ad started.  So the thing I just watched 10 seconds ago is replaying in case I've forgotten where I was since then.

Also, anyone that advertises on youtube and interrupts my video watching experience tends to lose my interest as a company.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that see products there and makes them their money though, so my small rebellion isn't hurting their bottom line.

At least they haven't been showing me a bunch of ads from Native American tribes down in commiefornia about referendums on the ballot since last election cycle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DAKA said:

Need to know !!

For now Brave works, no ads.

Rumor is that YT has a new way around it, not sure, still works for me.

I watch the sponsor ad that runs in the video on channels I like. I'll support them directly, just not gonna waste time on pointless YT ads for products I have zero interest in.

• Like 1

I watch, at most, one utube per week. I have no log-in or "subscriptions". I refuse to pay for any service on the webz..

If one of my bookmarks for a long-used website obviously undergoes major changes that I don't like, I'll just find a different place.

Today's "internet" has absolutely nothing to do with. entertainment,

It has one purpose. (and "tracking/gathering" IS probably their biggest money maker)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, minderasr said:

The same applies to SiriusXM satellite radio.

Don't even get me started on SiriusXM. Not just ads, but the DJs that think that they are why people listen to thier channel.

My wife has it in her Tundra, but I canceled them a long time ago. That was long drawn out ordeal in itself that could have it's own dedicated thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M&P15T said:

Are you all so technologically impaired that you can't download a simple extension that kills ads?

Really?

YES  I am and proud of it    (When the techno **** stops working I just go back to reading books from the library ) my Chromebook still works and I can post on TBS   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DAKA said:

YES  I am and proud of it    (When the techno **** stops working I just go back to reading books from the library ) my Chromebook still works and I can post on TBS   

Yeah? I use a simple Chromebook too, and figured it out in 30 seconds. It's literally a click of a few buttons. 

Don't make mountains out of a molehill. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, M&P15T said:

Yeah? I use a simple Chromebook too, and figured it out in 30 seconds. It's literally a click of a few buttons. 

Don't make mountains out of a molehill. 

But..but... Without commercial breaks, when would I get to go take a whiz?

PonUTube.jpg.cc7d1b6777a4e2ade238e9dd444b2243.jpg

:P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2