Cognitive effects in midlife of long-term cannabis use

TBO

Can you show the same study for alcohol?  There’s many people out there that take a toke and live perfectly fine lives What about prescription medication? You must be a cop. If so what’s the ratio of your stops of people on weed versus alcohol versus prescription drugs? Have you studied or read the many articles that prove weed help people that are nauseated from chemotherapy? Or anxiety? As well as glaucoma?Thanks for the follow up articles. Or all those studies fake? Let me guess I bet you posted this same article on gt where you spend way more time than you do here. You post what 98.9 percent of your stuff there versus here. And no I’m not a member of that shithole but I remember seeing you post there when I checked out that place. You what show up here once every two months? Way too support the guy who built the place you hang out on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hook said:

Can you show the same study for alcohol?  There’s many people out there that take a toke and live perfectly fine lives What about prescription medication? You must be a cop. If so what’s the ratio of your stops of people on weed versus alcohol versus prescription drugs? Have you studied or read the many articles that prove weed help people that are nauseated from chemotherapy? Or anxiety? As well as glaucoma?Thanks for the follow up articles. Or all those studies fake? Let me guess I bet you posted this same article on gt where you spend way more time than you do here. You post what 98.9 percent of your stuff there versus here. And no I’m not a member of that shithole but I remember seeing you post there when I checked out that place. You what show up here once every two months? Way too support the guy who built the place you hang out on. 

Hi

18 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

It's been my experience that weed can make some people stupid. That's not really news to anyone, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. Oh well...

Yep.  And there are a bunch of people who are stupid even before they start toking up on a daily basis.   I swear they all drive in Michigan.

• Like 1

i got a buddy we Grew up together, we both hit 50 this Year and got to talking.

he has been Smoking Dope since we were both 12, Granted he was never that Swift, but Jesus i had to remind him of what we were talking about 4 times and he`d keep starting over.

Oddly Enough he lives near Harvard so Coincidence i Think Not.

Were still Friends after all these Years but he is a Burn out and he knows it.

Maybe I would be a lot smarter if I never….?

I know plenty of smart people who wake and bake every day and have done so for decades  with no noticeable affect on their intellect.

I give that study a zero on the credibility scale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Maybe I would be a lot smarter if I never….?

I know plenty of smart people who wake and bake every day and have done so for decades  with no noticeable affect on their intellect.

I give that study a zero on the credibility scale.

Yup, it's bullshit.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, holyjohnson said:

i got a buddy we Grew up together, we both hit 50 this Year and got to talking.

he has been Smoking Dope since we were both 12, Granted he was never that Swift, but Jesus i had to remind him of what we were talking about 4 times and he`d keep starting over.

Oddly Enough he lives near Harvard so Coincidence i Think Not.

Were still Friends after all these Years but he is a Burn out and he knows it.

Maybe those people that have to medicate themselves daily already had issues. 

I'm for legalization of all drugs.  That said, anytime you find yourself in a conversation with a Cliff Clavin type that thinks they know everything about everything and they talk about weed being such a dangerous thing, there's only one thing that needs to be said to drop the mic.  Ask them what has killed more people, alcohol or weed? 

My other favorite is the myth that weed is a gateway drug.  Um.....NO!  The official gateway drugs that exist in ALL homes are alcohol, nicotine, and Rx drugs.  It's been that way long before all of us came along. 

I don't have a problem with programs that detour children away from putting bad things in their bodies, but don't try and go for the shock value because it does not work with America's youth.  Kids nowadays are far smarter and want the truth.  They don't want some Reefer Madness bullshit that makes drug addiction look like a joke.  They wanna see what it really looks like or what it really doesn't look like.