What Shotgun Brand Do You Trust For A Riot Gun?

Biff

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I still want a 10 gauge side by side that will handle modern rounds. That doesn’t cost as much as a Ferrari. 

I want that double-barrel eight-gauge that Viggo Mortensen carried in Appaloosa.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I like your thinking. 

I’ve only used a gun once in defense. Pulled one a few times but only used it once. Took a guy down with a shotgun bayonet style with the muzzle. The point is a little more persuasive. 

78A75A68-0241-4428-B8ED-CDDEB6418C4A.jpeg

Eh, it's just a standoff/brace thingy to me. Guess it could take an eye out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Eh, it's just a standoff/brace thingy to me. Guess it could take an eye out.

Light jab in the solar plexus.  Besides the pain, they will drop their elbow to their sides to protect them. That leaves the face and head exposed. Takes the fight right out of people. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

Indeed sir, if recoil was a problem then you’re having a bad day!

I'd just like to say I have reached a point with a 12 gauge where recoil became a problem. I got the opportunity to take a tactical shotgun class. 5 days long, 40 hours total, and easily over several hundred rounds fired.

At the end of that week, recoil had gotten the best of me, I had some obvious bruises.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I'd just like to say I have reached a point with a 12 gauge where recoil became a problem. I got the opportunity to take a tactical shotgun class. 5 days long, 40 hours total, and easily over several hundred rounds fired.

At the end of that week, recoil had gotten the best of me, I had some obvious bruises.

I was thinking of a couple rounds in a self defense situation.  Several hundred rounds in a week?  I’d have to back up a decade or two for that to be fun!   I shot a lot of Winchester 1600 fps slugs in one day from an 870.  I now have Federal low recoil stuff.  LOL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

Five days is abuse, I took one day tactical shotgun class 12 gauge with 200 rounds and though that was bad enough.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Funny thing is, I own a Winchester 1886 in .45-70 that a Native friend of mine used for hunting Beluga Whales.

I had a Winchester 1886 bored in .33 Winchester that I dearly loved.  That was a wonderful gun in any caliber.

• Like 1