Never mind

larry_minn

3 minutes ago, jmohme said:

Maybe Russ P fat fingered the ban button and banned himself. 

Either that or he stumbled and dropped the rule book on himself, is currently pinned to the floor with it and unable to get to the keyboard to restart the site.

GlockTalkRulebook.jpg

Russ told me there are unwritten rules that I've been breaking.  Shuckydarn who would of thunk that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Peng said:

The scuttlebutt is that we are getting the same software as 1911forum.  Someone said it's the same company.

It's a large effort that will have inevitable issues and will cause the usual caterwauling to increase.

Is it the same software they used in the voting machines?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I forgot but I am a member of 1911forum so I went and checked it out.  I hadn't logged in in about 7 years but the system was still happy to see me.

Boy is it different.  It has that confusing vibe from unfamiliarity.  You will be able to hear the groans of agony from outer space.

Actually you will be able to hear them from Uranus...

Edited by Peng
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I forgot but I am a member of 1911forum so I went and checked it out.  I hadn't logged in in about 7 years but the system was still happy to see me.
Boy is it different.  It has that confusing vibe from unfamiliarity.  You will be able to hear the groans of agony from outer space.
Actually you will be able to hear them from Uranus...

Did you notice the Marketplace is gone at 1911Forum?
I used to find great deals there, specially on holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Joshhtn said:

The new owners started a thread about a month ago letting everyone know that a complete forum software change would take place at the end of the month. This is it.

I really hope they don't destroy GT even more than they already have...

I had a really good time with some wonderful people there.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Eric knows...It's hard to have a "FREE" Board anymore...Less ya finance it yourself, with no outside input money.

Hell, there are people here who won't donate a twenty to keep the lights on in this place and they use it all the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, jmohme said:

Maybe Russ P fat fingered the ban button and banned himself. 

Either that or he stumbled and dropped the rule book on himself, is currently pinned to the floor with it and unable to get to the keyboard to restart the site.

GlockTalkRulebook.jpg

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I bet posting this picture on GT would get you banned because it's a little too close to the truth. I got banned from the "Funny political Memes" forum for posting a picture that broke a new rule about making any reference to Kamala Harris and oral sex.

Also, I once got banned on the Smith and Wesson forum for posting something that was critical about the dumbass lock on the new S&W's after being warned once not to do it.

Here's the picture that got me banned from the funny political Memes thread. I don't think it's particularly graphic or offensive, but it is to them or maybe to their advertisers.

4ajoe.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I bet posting this picture on GT would get you banned because it's a little too close to the truth. I got banned from the "Funny political Memes" forum for posting a picture that broke a new rule about making any reference to Kamala Harris and oral sex.

Also, I once got banned on the Smith and Wesson forum for posting something that was critical about the dumbass lock on the new S&W's after being warned once not to do it.

Here's the picture that got me banned from the funny political Memes thread. I don't think it's particularly graphic or offensive, but it is to them or maybe to their advertisers.

4ajoe.JPG

I didn't get banned, but did get a verbal spanking for a Free FullClip graphic at the end of my comment on the time change. Russ said it was "inappropriate"

Those boys over there are just far too thin skinned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Joshhtn said:

They just banned Clancy! He spoke out about not liking the new format and mentioned hanging out here more, and they ****ing banned him...

Not sure some of their security is right.  I had access at one time to The OutPost lounge and it went away.

And...now it's back.

1 minute ago, Historian said:

Not sure some of their security is right.  I had access at one time to The OutPost lounge and it went away.

And...now it's back.

They definitely banned him. The Admin "CricketW" did it. Someone asked what the site was called that Eric started and clany posted the name of the site and also said he's been spending more time here at TBS and thinks, because of the (bad) new forums software, that he, and many others, would be spending more time on TBS.

They deleted his post and banned him... Unreal.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2