Am I wrong in not letting BIL stay at the house?

jmohme

My wife told me this morning the her brother is coming by today to stay with us after having spent the last couple months traveling the country in his RV.

I told her no and that I didn't want him in the house for at least two weeks. Am I wrong? 

Its not like I am going to turn him out to the wolves. I'm even  going to the state park two miles from the house and getting him a spot for his RV. I just don't know where he has been or who he has been in contact with. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jmohme said:

Its not like I am going to turn him out to the wolves. I'm even  going to the state park two miles from the house and getting him a spot for his RV. I just don't know where he has been or who he has been in contact with. 

That sounds reasonable.

• Like 2

This is going to be a sore spot, with the wife, someday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Probably, but my wife is also in the high risk group and does not need to take any chances.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, jmohme said:

My wife told me this morning the her brother is coming by today to stay with us after having spent the last couple months traveling the country in his RV.

Really it's your house.   However, with him being within walking distance at the local state park that's he best option.  That way you can enjoy your time together, maybe even have a fire and a cook out, maybe he can come over...but he won't be moving in. 

The big thing is really they need to respect you as it's your house.

Personally i hang garlic up about the doors and windows to keep my sister-in-law away.   That and the crosses in each room.     It seems to have worked. 

• Like 3

If you wanted to bring home a young lady who was working her way through dental school by being an exotic dancer, and your wife objected, you'd respect your wife's wishes. You're both partners in the marriage and must respect the other's wishes in these matters.

• Like 2

I hate crap like “But he’s family”. 

In my case this means I’m supposed to let dirt bags and drug dealers just walk all over me because they screwed up again. I don’t let them but it leads to some great family fights. 

Edited by Batesmotel
  • Thanks 1