Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

On 3/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, Zonny said:

Son in law went to Costco today and said there was no TP, paper towels, water or Clorox Wipes. 

Stopped into the local drug store on the way home from work tonight to pick up some supplies, you know the essentials like beer and such.  Only thing they were out of was had sanitizer and masks of any kind.  Everything else was still pretty much there.  I picked up a couple of gallons of bleach as I use it in my laundry and have heard people are starting to hoard that now.

Dave

• Sad 1

I bought a couple of bags of dog food last week.  I usually keep two extra bags here so was nothing special for me. 

If you have pets make sure they have food for awhile.  I have always done this.

Dave.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aomagrat said:

Mom wanted a bottle of alcohol but every store I went into was out.  Then I found a store with plenty of alcohol and bought a bottle.  Of rum.  I'm a drinking man.  I sterilize on the inside.  Mom was not impressed. 

We each have our ways of dealing with germs...…….  I am a fan of yours.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DrB said:

I bought a couple of bags of dog food last week.  I usually keep two extra bags here so was nothing special for me. 

If you have pets make sure they have food for awhile.  I have always done this.

Dave.

I bought 4 cases of dog food for my Yorkie.  Nothing to do with the Corona virus but instead, I am so pathetic that with my 19 year old dog, I feel if I keep a big stock of food, he can't leave me...……  It's stupid I know, but I don't want to see him go...……..  It's only money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Huaco Kid said:

I'll have yours!  I love it!  I'm having Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, eggs, and Spam!

I too like one version.  But the email kind is pissing me off.  So many are trying to prosper over the ignorance and misfortune of others.  They're scum.

• Like 2

151 rum or everclear can be used in a pinch for alcohol based sanitizer, but it goes against my principles. I JUST finished off my Y2K toilet paper. these new rolls are tiny, by comparison!

The missus added a good bit to our dry goods this week. I've severely neglected preparedness and organization lately. Time for a good spring cleaning and reorganization.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Stores up here have been out of TP for a week now.

Heavy wet snow works. (I know)  (don't try it with the dry fluffy stuff.  ech.)

Much of the world won't even notice a lack of TP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

I JUST finished off my Y2K toilet paper. these new rolls are tiny, by comparison!

I noticed some tp I had at my shop was much wider than what you get at the stores these days. Did some research and discovered that all the manufacturers decided to make narrower rolls so they could show off the lower price. At this rate, in another 10 years tp will be about the width of a bandaid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For you folks stocking up on Spam. Don't forget the medicine for... "  Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Vomiting  and Diarrhea ". It goes along with eating Spam.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DrB said:

For you folks stocking up on Spam. Don't forget the medicine for... "  Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach and Diarrhea ". It goes along with eating Spam.

Dave..

I'd have to be starving to eat Spam. I'd rather butcher the neighbors dog or cat and eat them than spam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I just ordered a few things from BJ's.  Couple cases of Chocolate protein Drinks, two bags of paper plates, bag of salt and pepper pistachios, and two bundles of Toilet paper.  Payed for online, and a $6 Tip for the shopper.  Just arrived.  Total time, one hour 15 min.  No shortages here yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I noticed some tp I had at my shop was much wider than what you get at the stores these days. Did some research and discovered that all the manufacturers decided to make narrower rolls so they could show off the lower price. At this rate, in another 10 years tp will be about the width of a bandaid.

I noticed that some time ago. Much more side to side 'play' on the TP holder. Just like everything else on the grocery shelves. Much smaller in size/ quantity than used to be. I won't be surprised the day a 'dozen' eggs are 10 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2