Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

4 hours ago, Zonny said:

I noticed that some time ago. Much more side to side 'play' on the TP holder. Just like everything else on the grocery shelves. Much smaller in size/ quantity than used to be. I won't be surprised the day a 'dozen' eggs are 10 :)

I have some early 80's TP.  I got a package out and did notice it was wider, thicker and more on the roll than this new stuff. Also seems to be softer.....

That TP,  like fine wine is going to be saved for the special times when I retire. Going to ration that good stuff.

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I bought more stuff today. There were signs up stating you could only buy 5 packs of tp since people were hoarding it. I already have a bunch. Always do, but I bought more. Also bought several containers of Pediasure in case of a need to prevent dehydration. Paper towels and Kleenex went into the cart. Loaded up on fruit and veggies as I always do. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I bought more stuff today. There were signs up stating you could only buy 5 packs of tp since people were hoarding it. I already have a bunch. Always do, but I bought more. Also bought several containers of Pediasure in case of a need to prevent dehydration. Paper towels and Kleenex went into the cart. Loaded up on fruit and veggies as I always do. 

Yep..  Am going to get some paper towels and toilet paper when I am out in the morning.  If not that's fine as I always have a 3 month supply of stuff here.

Food..Check..  Dog Food.. Check.  My medicine Check.. Bleach for my laundry.... Gotta get that.. but other than that I am fine..Ammo...Fine...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrB said:

Yep..  Am going to get some paper towels and toilet paper when I am out in the morning.  If not that's fine as I always have a 3 month supply of stuff here.

Sears doesn't have catalogs any more.

But I have a U-Line and Grainger catalog.

I'm pretty sure they'll work.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've heard that dog saliva is very antiseptic.

They should put them by the carts at all the walmarts.

Yes, growing up on a farm whenever we would get cut or hurt the farm dogs would want to lick your wounds at night.   So there is something to that.

Dave..

• Like 3

My Kroger has always had antiseptic wipes by the carts and baskets.  I recently read somewhere about a dog licking a cut on someone and causing serious health issues, and IIRC, death.  

With regard to the original topic, I just received a half case of 12 gauge 00 Buckshot, and ordered a half case of 40SW PD ammo: to feed my CDNN Sig P320 LE trade in.  Not because of the pandemic, but I've been on an ammo buying kick for the last couple years.  Every paycheck I buy around $200 of ammo, while it's cheap and readily available.

Interestingly enough, a couple months ago, I revamped my earthquake preps and added bulk dried foods, some Mountain House, and MRE.  I stocked up on Kenyan green coffee beans because of the locusts.  I had always vacuum sealed bulk dried food, but moved everything to mylar bags.  I got a hair straightener to seal the mylar.  I have two empty bedroom closets, so I move the preps from one to the other to inventory, check, add, and inspect.  It was a timely coincidence.  All this pandemic crap validates my preps.  But I'm not hoping to laugh at others.  I am hoping not to need any of it.

I noticed this on another board, posted by Glockman4.  I found it an interesting point on the survivalist mentality:

I know it’s a jerk off fantasy for a large percentage of members on gun forums to imagine themselves lording over “lesser-thans” from atop a pile of toilet paper and Mountain House; holding an AR-15 and proclaiming “THOU SHOULD HAVE PREPARED!” in some post-apocalyptic environment. However, the true outlook isn’t nearly as serious as the lame-stream media makes it seem. Nor do we, as a society, want the chaos and upheaval that would come with such a dire event.

I always wonder what preppers would do if they had to, you know, leave the house too. All that crap means ****-all if you can’t carry it with you.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today I bought 20 bales of straw for the straw bale garden (13 bales outside and 7 bales in the hoop house).  I came inside for a drink.  Now I'm going back out to carry those bales to their new homes... because the ground is too soft to drive them there (every year I screw that up.  if I'd gotten them last week, the ground would still have been frozen).  Ah well.  Good exercise.  At least it's not hay bales weighing 70# a piece.  I'll sleep well tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I came inside for a drink

What are you mixing up??  Water is good for washing hands but not so much to drink. Have to have the high octane stuff to kill the bacteria, germs and such.  Health wise and all.

Dave.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

2 more hours and I'll be taking the turkey out of the oven. It's stuffed. I will be too. Soon.

Wild, hunted or store bought?  I had about 15 turkeys wander up in the back yard from the valley this morning.  My dog amused and was entertained when I let her out the door.

Dave..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

2 more hours and I'll be taking the turkey out of the oven. It's stuffed. I will be too. Soon.

We'll be right over.

What's the side dish?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DrB said:

What are you mixing up??  Water is good for washing hands but not so much to drink. Have to have the high octane stuff to kill the bacteria, germs and such.  Health wise and all.

Dave.. 

18 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I had the COVID for about an hour last night. Nose got all stuffy, throat scratchy, swooning when I stood up, etc. I went out back and rolled in the dirt and was OK this morning.

The most least known cures are the best.

I laid down and got terribly dizzy suddenly.  I rolled over and it went away.  another problem solved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Dave.. 

It was a 2 Red Bull day.  Now it is whiskey.  Just to sit and sip and contemplate watching the Two Towers with my kids, because I assigned all of the Lord of the Rings movies as an example of an "Epic" for homeschool.  ROFL.  They like homeschool some days...

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:20 PM, Zonny said:

I noticed that some time ago. Much more side to side 'play' on the TP holder. Just like everything else on the grocery shelves. Much smaller in size/ quantity than used to be. I won't be surprised the day a 'dozen' eggs are 10 :)

There will be twelve in each dozen I get from my neighbor because he's wild about the bread I give him in trade.

Hopefully I have enough basic stuff to ride out the stupidity-cased panic. I like Scott tissue or Generic brand 1000 sheets a roll TP and I just bought a large supply a couple of weeks ago and I always have bottle water that I buy in a 24 pack an da supply of canned goods and MRE's.

I don't WANT to be part of the insanity and make things worse than they already are.

• Like 1