Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

I wouldn't say that I am stocking up, but I do regularly restock.

If you are asking if I am running in a panic to the local Walmart for Purell, rubber gloves, and surgical masks to save me from Corona, the answer is NO.

I worry more about getting run over by a driver with phone  on and brain off, that I am about a Chinese virus.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

It was a 2 Red Bull day.  Now it is whiskey.  Just to sit and sip and contemplate watching the Two Towers with my kids, because I assigned all of the Lord of the Rings movies as an example of an "Epic" for homeschool.  ROFL.  They like homeschool some days...

I rewatched The Two Towers a few nights ago, and I still like it. When I was a kid I read TTT first in the LOTR trilogy, because I didn't know it was a trilogy. Some parts were a little hard to understand but it still was a good story on its own.

• Like 2

My DIL just called and we talked about how absurd this panic is.  She is in management for Cargill Company, and  she is more afraid of all the gearing up for greater production because when the artificial demand falls,  production will continue till it can be cut back. 

Meanwhile the companies will have an instantaneous drop in sales.  Now they have to recover from an excess of stock and a significant drop in income. 

This, of course, means cutbacks in personnel.  Panic is bad for everyone.

• Like 2

Panic is good for the professional liars.

Instead of threatening doom in ten years as is their usual proclamation, now doom is just 24 hours away.

Unless, of course, we do as they demand, allow them to spend all of our money and give free everything to everybody.

Oh, and I confess.

It is my circus.

These are my monkeys.

Edited by tous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

Got my bidet in the mail today. My toilet paper hoard should last into the next century.

So, when we all run out of toilet paper, we can come and use your bidet?

Will lunch and snacks be served?

Snow machine tours?

Can we pet a moose?

:biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've been buying ammo pretty steadily for the last couple years.  I probably have more than I'll ever shoot, but prices and availability are good.  I decided to buy another case of 5.56 ammo, and they are sold out.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Got my bidet in the mail today. My toilet paper hoard should last into the next century.

Now I may not be up on all the current trends but my understanding is a bidet is a toilet. You got one in the mail? How big is your mailbox?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

You'll soon be laughing at the backward cretins who still use paper.

On an unrelated note, hospitals who stocked up on additional items like masks, gloves, and antiseptics are storing them under heavy security to prevent theft.  They are under lock and key with cameras on them.  My facility has what appears to be a 2 semi trailers worth under black plastic.  Being in a democrat run city, Admin knows the supplies will disappear if given a chance.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1