DAMN that was close!

pipedreams

4 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I always keep one eye on traffic. Too many idiots out there. This was on the Seward Hwy south of Anchorage.

Any comprehensive list of the most iconic American highways that leaves Seward Highway off, cannot be taken seriously.

That's the most breathtaking road I've ever driven.

• Like 3

I used to drive larger wreckers and was on I-64 in Illinois during a bad snow storm. I was hooking up to a stalled tractor trailer and another truck and trailer came up too fast and I guess panicked when he saw my lights. That truck jackknifed and slid past us missing my truck by a foot or less.

A sobering experience to say the least.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

I've done that before. But usually on skiis going down a slope and spraying a downed friend. I doubt they even knew each other.

You never pass up the chance to give the other team's goalie a snowplow,  to within 1" from his face.

That usually gets you a concussion, later.

• Haha 1

I've seen people on the interstate,  changing a flat tire,  laying there,  with their heads six inches from the white line...    with semi-trucks blowing by at 75mph.

I don't get it.

(I ride on the rim, if I have to.  (I could tell about the one time.  It's funny.))

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've seen people on the interstate,  changing a flat tire,  laying there,  with their heads six inches from the white line...    with semi-trucks blowing by at 75mph.

I don't get it.

(I ride on the rim, if I have to.  (I could tell about the one time.  It's funny.))

I read an extreme case in a newspaper, where an older guy rented a car in Vegas and took it for a drive to see the desert. 

The story said he was off road and got a flat.  Rather than drive on a flat tire and ruin the rim, he died from exposure and dehydration waiting for someone to find him.

It makes you wonder how some people value things more than their own lives.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I always keep one eye on traffic. Too many idiots out there. This was on the Seward Hwy south of Anchorage.

I drove on it four times per day for a week.

Then the iceburg-cliff crushed some cars and made a big crash.

I like the goats that stood on the 90* cliff,  chewing whatever their deal was.

And so,  I didn't go there any more.

Just went north of Anchorage,  so the locals could beat me up, just for being there.

No goats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I drove on it four times per day for a week.

Then the iceburg-cliff crushed some cars and made a big crash.

I like the goats that stood on the 90* cliff,  chewing whatever their deal was.

And so,  I didn't go there any more.

Just went north of Anchorage,  so the locals could beat me up, just for being there.

No goats.

Just being there was all the excuse they needed.