We Wuz Dumb Kids!

Maser

Share the dumb things you thought as kids that were true, but obviously not as you grew up.  I'll start.

For me it's a 3-way tie between me thinking that my teachers lived at school, me thinking the weatherman on TV controlled the weather, and me thinking that real life was black and white back in the 50s. 

I just grew up playin Baseball, and chasin Girls...smokin cigarettes, goin to teen club,  It was an "Air Force Brat" thing.. an chasin girls.  Oh yea...I already said that.

I might have sorta woke up a bit when Kennedy was shot...cause that was some fcuked up ****.  I do remember the "duck and cover Drills" under the desk in school.  No, we wasn't "dumb kids"...We were REAL Kids, back when Kids WERE Kids!!!!

• Like 3

My mom taught me some real stupid things that she really believed. I believed them when I was a kid. 

The guys at the TV station were watching us through the TV and they reported to the government. Don't know what they are looking for or why. 

If you pee on the shower it went down the drain to a place under the house where “the pipes cross” then the urine came back up through the hot water pipe. Soap, dirt etc went to the sewer but pee came back up. 

If you run the disposal in the sink without the water running, the electricity backs up through the water pipes because it is not flowing down the sewer. It can electrocute someone if they touch water in another sink. She finally made my dad remove the kitchen disposal. 

The list goes on. It was an interesting childhood. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I thought the "smoke" that came out of automobile tailpipes in the winter was meant to melt the snow.

I noticed quite a few of the school buses growing up had the tail pipes come down directly in front of the rear tires and split so one pipe centered in front of each dually wheel, about 6-8 inches off the ground.

5 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I noticed quite a few of the school buses growing up had the tail pipes come down directly in front of the rear tires and split so one pipe centered in front of each dually wheel, about 6-8 inches off the ground.

Those pipes were called sanders. Our School buses had them for traction in the ice and snow. tom. :cowboy2:

Edited by deputy tom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1