What are you allergic to.

ASH

So far the ones I Know   iodine , latex. Penicillin. And antibiotic levaquin. And Neosporin. Polysporin is ok. I'm also allergic to ethylenediamine dlhydrochloride. Which showed on my patch test. What sucks is that **** is in antifungals , cortisone ,anti bacterials. So if I get the swamp crotch there's not much to put on it except powder. Zeasorb powder is the **** thou helps alot.       Anyone allergic to gluten?  I think I am  and if you are what are the signs?   Oh I'm also allergic to something in a epidural. Mad itching

Edited by ASH

Stupidity.  Makes me break out in sarcasm.

Yellow jackets, ever since, as a kid, an entire hive attacked my face.  Mild reaction, takes a few hours to swell up pretty good, even if I take antihistamine immediately.

IMG_20190927_095753.jpg.7a4269480a71416fff698243ae219c5e.jpg

3 stings to the face.  Was not a pleasant 24 hours.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

My initial response is that I am absolutely allergic to absolutely nothing at all.  To the point that when I had a blood test to check for eosinophilic esophagitis (long story), the allergist called me himself to tell me he'd never seen anyone - ANYONE - as non-allergic to, well, everything as I was.

That's dander, mold, pollen, dust, grass...none of it bothers me.  I sneeze so infrequently as to find sneezes kind of fun. 

However, more recently, the last time I got a hornet sting, the result was alarming.  It turned dark red like this, then even darker red and blue after this photo, then some of the skin roughed up and literally peeled off, and I now have a scar in the center where the black dot is (which was an actual hole).  That whole event lasted almost two weeks.  So there's a distinct possibility I've developed a late allergy to hornets which is problematic because I get stung 2x-4x every year.

IMG_7047.thumb.jpeg.76f50979b03f26de9a737de9b9c1a275.jpeg

People. ?

Seasonal type allergies are about it, except Allegra, that stuff made me find the hospital in Goldthwaite , Texas. The town is about this ( ∙ ) big.

LostWife is another story. Perfumes, fragrance, certain pollens, and smells will send her to bed with migraines. Beef will send her to the hospital for days, with her digestive system shutting down. Bad news for her.

Allergies suck.

21 hours ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

My initial response is that I am absolutely allergic to absolutely nothing at all.  To the point that when I had a blood test to check for eosinophilic esophagitis (long story), the allergist called me himself to tell me he'd never seen anyone - ANYONE - as non-allergic to, well, everything as I was.

That's dander, mold, pollen, dust, grass...none of it bothers me.  I sneeze so infrequently as to find sneezes kind of fun. 

However, more recently, the last time I got a hornet sting, the result was alarming.  It turned dark red like this, then even darker red and blue after this photo, then some of the skin roughed up and literally peeled off, and I now have a scar in the center where the black dot is (which was an actual hole).  That whole event lasted almost two weeks.  So there's a distinct possibility I've developed a late allergy to hornets which is problematic because I get stung 2x-4x every year.

IMG_7047.thumb.jpeg.76f50979b03f26de9a737de9b9c1a275.jpeg

That looks more like a lucky shot. Vascular hit, and maybe vascular injection. In other words a big azz bruise.

Sounds like it would be frugal to be on the look out from now on, you wouldn't be the first to develop an allergy over an event, or just because. What do you do to get hit several time a year by hornets? That may be the more prominent question.

10 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

nothing at all.

i get Hay Fever 1 time a year for about 3 minutes,then i sneeze,blow my nose an thats it i`m fine til next year.

although i will tell people i need a Raspberry Danish to counteract my allergies,but thats not a real Antidote.

It is if you really believe it. 

My rule is that a couple of Donuts a day keeps the Doctor away.  The nurses are still welcome though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:56 AM, Cougar_ml said:

Stupidity.  Makes me break out in sarcasm.

Yellow jackets, ever since, as a kid, an entire hive attacked my face.  Mild reaction, takes a few hours to swell up pretty good, even if I take antihistamine immediately.

IMG_20190927_095753.jpg.7a4269480a71416fff698243ae219c5e.jpg

3 stings to the face.  Was not a pleasant 24 hours.

Don't be telling lies. I've seen that reaction before. You mouthed off to the wife and she popped you.

• Haha 2

Was allergic to raw eggs as a child. To the point of picking a choco-chip out of raw cookie dough would make me miserable. Itching mouth; throat and swelling that would last a few hours. Outgrew that mess as an adult.

I've read that those that think they are allergic to Penicillin, rarely are. Like 9 out of 10 are not really allergic. Maybe our med-professionals could/would chime in?

Edited by Zonny
  • Thanks 2

I am slightly allergic to Benadryl, it kind of amps me up.  I still take it, just not before bed.  When I was younger I had a very strong reaction.  My mom gave it to me for chicken pox and apparently I was all over the place.  It drives my dad crazy, makes his skin crawl.

• Like 1

Not really sure.  Mosquito's seem to find me and make really huge whelps.  Ants as well.  I always thought wasps would do me in.  Got stung by a large wasp a few years ago and it was way less than what a mosquito bite does to me.  No other known allergies except pollen certain times a year. :dunno:

• Thanks 1