The Pointless Observation Emporium

Eric

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, janice6 said:

She bought 10% shares of the company.  She was to be the Golden spokeswoman to bring in huge money.

Now she hasn't any value and the CEO is out.  The company stock is down.  

Oprah seemed to think that anything she touched turned to Gold.  The Ghetto touch so to speak.  Well, it turned into the reverse Midas Touch, where everything you touch turn to **it.  this is the real ghetto touch.

Having her for a spokesperson at Weight Watchers is like having the Hair Club for Men use a balding guy for a spokesman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

Having her for a spokesperson at Weight Watchers is like having the Hair Club for Men use a balding guy for a spokesman. 

I thought the same thing.  When she first got associated with weight watchers she claimed to lose weight, but shortly it was back on, so I don't see what she offered as a spokes person if she had no will  power.  She actually made the product look temporary.

I thought the same thing.  When she first got associated with weight watchers she claimed to lose weight, but shortly it was back on, so I don't see what she offered as a spokes person if she had no will  power.  She actually made the product look temporary.

The money for Weight Watchers - and many other health and personal care products - is not to solve and cure the problem but to successfully keep selling an approach.

Some have suggested that true cancer cure or vaccination will never be marketed because the money is in chemo and other long time treatments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

The money for Weight Watchers - and many other health and personal care products - is not to solve and cure the problem but to successfully keep selling an approach.

Fishing lures are not designed to attract fish.  They are designed to attract fishermen.

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Some have suggested that true cancer cure or vaccination will never be marketed because the money is in chemo and other long time treatments.

Bush has it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

With vegetarians/Vegans working so hard to make plants taste like meat, we should start an effort to make meat look and taste like vegetables. Imagine a fake meat burger, with turkey lettuce, beef tomatoes and pork pickles. 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, tous said:

I think that I was in high school before I realized that spinach wasn't that slimy, stringy, stewed concoction so popular with school lunches.

:biggrin:

Should'a tried it with lots of melted Butter.  I'm just guessing, but I think the Butter makes it taste better and counteracts the health benefits of the Spinach.

• Like 2

my mom and grandma  would sometimes on weekends make pot liquor  ofcourse being a little fellow i had no idea what it was , i know you could smell the stink before opening the

door  and me and my dad would go ride off somewhere lol .   grew up alittle  but those damn collards cooking smell like pure cow **** .  my tried to give me  sip  and i gagged 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

My father made two 10 gallon crocks of what he called, "Wheat Wine".  God, that stunk too.  I watched it bubble on day and decided that I'd forget tasting it.

His "Wine could strip paint off boards".

When I was a kid I remember my father trying to make dandelion wine at least once.  Recall lifting the lid of the big crock in the garage and seeing severed dandelion flower heads floating in a foul smelling brownish liquid.  I'm not sure if it ever came out and was drinkable (at about seven years old I certainly had no interest in trying it), but he certainly gave it a go.  Lord knows we had enough of the damned things growing in the yard!

-Pat

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cubdriver said:

When I was a kid I remember my father trying to make dandelion wine at least once.  Recall lifting the lid of the big crock in the garage and seeing severed dandelion flower heads floating in a foul smelling brownish liquid.  I'm not sure if it ever came out and was drinkable (at about seven years old I certainly had no interest in trying it), but he certainly gave it a go.  Lord knows we had enough of the damned things growing in the yard!

-Pat

My wife's parents love Dandelion greens in salads.  They would clear the yard for supper.  If they wanted to kill them, they carried a thermos of boiling water around the yard to pour on the ones they didn't want.

Many years later, my company worked with a company known for their 40' boom sprayers, for instrumenting selective chemical application from their Sprayer vehicles. 

I Suggested to them to replace the chemicals with flash boilers on the sprayers, to kill weeds and eliminate chemicals.  They told me to shut up and not repeat that to anyone.

I probably doesn't kill the roots, but water is a hell of a lot cheaper even if you have to do it more than once.

• Like 1