The Pointless Observation Emporium

Eric

Guys being guys, I wonder if guys 150 years ago tricked out their horses the way we do cars now? Hopefully this predates the low rider craze. Imagine 30-inch shoes...

Young Amish men once and maybe still bought retiring harness racing horses to hit rod their buggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, railfancwb said:

Young Amish men once and maybe still bought retiring harness racing horses to hit rod their buggies.

I'm not surpised.  I spent lots of time over a couple of years at New Holland Farm Machinery Plant in New Holland, PA and got to see a lot of Amish.

They flaunted their quality horses like my generation did with muscle cars.

Although I did see a couple that liked to use their whips too much.

• Administrators

I wonder how much time the average person spends aloft, in their lifetime. Not in an aircraft, but running (where both feet are off the ground between each footfall), jumping, jumping off of things. How much time do we spend out of contact with the planet or anything attached to it, under our own power?

The question just occurred to me and this is the perfect place for it. It is pointless. still, I wonder.

• Like 3

I wonder how much time the average person spends aloft, in their lifetime. Not in an aircraft, but running (where both feet are off the ground between each footfall), jumping, jumping off of things. How much time do we spend out of contact with the planet or anything attached to it, under our own power?
The question just occurred to me and this is the perfect place for it. It is pointless. still, I wonder.

Didn’t it take Edison and his motion pictures to show that running horses sometimes have all four feet in the air?

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:07 AM, Eric said:

I wonder how much time the average person spends aloft, in their lifetime.

I'm documented in my skydiving logbook. 

It probably averages out to be a minuscule amount,  but you can't catch me.

Except for Michael Jordon.

He's an earthbound jagoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1