Random Posting

Eric

28 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Microwave Popcorn - curious how varied the quantities of unpopped kernels are from bag to bag, even when all the bags came from the same box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I microwave the bag five seconds too long, it's like a bag of charcoal. Gets me every time.

• Like 3

The TV in the bedroom dumped out, and my wife was "shaken, not stirred" about it.  She would go to bed early (for me) and either watch TV, or watch the camera on the front yard and listen to the sounds of the trains in the distance, until she fell asleep.

So, this was a major problem according to her.

I needed a smaller TV around 32" to fit the place where the old one was, but I didn't want to spend a lot on it.  So, I went to my favorite Pawn Shop and looked over their supply.

They had a bunch, but I favored one brand since I had some knowledge of it previously.  I needed it to be digital and also be easily switched from TV to Video camera and sound.

I told them I wanted to buy "that one" for $120.  They got it off the shelf and when I went to pay for it, they said wait a minute, I can do a better price.  So it cost me $50.

Then, my wife found a ring she liked, and the TV wound up costing me $170 total.  Anyway, she's happy and the TV works very well.  Now it's 9 PM and she has been in bed for an hour already!

Bliss is achieved with careful planning.

• Like 7

If I microwave the bag five seconds too long, it's like a bag of charcoal. Gets me every time.

My microwave has a “Popcorn 3.5 Minutes” button which so far has kept me from this fate. And the device seems to click off just after popping noise has dropped to zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic