Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

A lot of people go through life handicapped because they never learned “times tables”. I learned through 12 and have sometimes wished I had learned more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning can be hard.  Sometimes the person that struggles with classes turns out to be the one person that can make a difference.

"...Hawking began his schooling at the Byron House School in Highgate, London. He later blamed its "progressive methods" for his failure to learn to read while at the school..."

"...Hawking was not initially successful academically. With time, he began to show considerable aptitude for scientific subjects and, inspired by Tahta, decided to read mathematics at university..."

"..."It was only necessary for him to know that something could be done, and he could do it without looking to see how other people did it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking

Over the years, it seems that some people have to struggle to find their niche.  Once found, they contribute more than they cost to educate. 

The problem is that you never know which student is going to be "that student".  So you try to reach them all in the hope you can reach some.

I would bet that we have people doing normal jobs, that could have made tremendous changes for the better for our country  and our society, but they just didn't catch that hook that would have made them special.  Our loss.  

If you have a teacher tell you your child seems to be unable or unwilling to "keep up", find out why the child feels this way.  You may have a chance to help them find their way.  Every kid has potential.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Learning can be hard.  Sometimes the person that struggles with classes turns out to be the one person that can make a difference.

"...Hawking began his schooling at the Byron House School in Highgate, London. He later blamed its "progressive methods" for his failure to learn to read while at the school..."

"...Hawking was not initially successful academically. With time, he began to show considerable aptitude for scientific subjects and, inspired by Tahta, decided to read mathematics at university..."

"..."It was only necessary for him to know that something could be done, and he could do it without looking to see how other people did it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking

Over the years, it seems that some people have to struggle to find their niche.  Once found, they contribute more than they cost to educate. 

The problem is that you never know which student is going to be "that student".  So you try to reach them all in the hope you can reach some.

I would bet that we have people doing normal jobs, that could have made tremendous changes for the better for our country  and our society, but they just didn't catch that hook that would have made them special.  Our loss.  

If you have a teacher tell you your child seems to be unable or unwilling to "keep up", find out why the child feels this way.  You may have a chance to help them find their way.  Every kid has potential.

Einstein hated taking French at Polyteqnique

but he had to have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

A lot of people go through life handicapped because they never learned “times tables”. I learned through 12 and have sometimes wished I had learned more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether or not it is used, it is a memory excerise, just like memorizing Bible verses in Sunday school.  Makes the brain stronger.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 10:05 PM, tous said:

There is no need to chase a Veyron.

Just follow it for two miles and it will run out of gas.

Top end it runs out in 9 minutes.  Which is good, because the tires will fail in 15.

In 9 minutes at top speed it will cover 39 miles.  

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic