TV Talking Heads

tadbart

I spent the better part of yesterday morning chilling on the couch, doing a little work from home and a little sipping on a fine glass of spirits.

The stuffed shirts on CNBC were all talking about how wonderful the economy is going to be, citing Tesla's recent surge as the standard for the next 4 years. All morning long, different dudes repeated 2 words- "Go long." 

I dunno, man. I think they're setting it up to pull the rug out from under us. Pondering getting into some REALLY conservative stuff on Monday. Gonna use the weekend to do research. 

Any thoughts from my Esteeemed BSers?

• Like 4

I spent the better part of yesterday morning chilling on the couch, doing a little work from home and a little sipping on a fine glass of spirits.
The stuffed shirts on CNBC were all talking about how wonderful the economy is going to be, citing Tesla's recent surge as the standard for the next 4 years. All morning long, different dudes repeated 2 words- "Go long." 
I dunno, man. I think they're setting it up to pull the rug out from under us. Pondering getting into some REALLY conservative stuff on Monday. Gonna use the weekend to do research. 

I've got some ocean front property to sell you in Arkansas.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

We'll see, just saw this..............

Dec Jobs Implode, Employers Pull Back In Face Of Biden Presidency

"Non-farm Payrolls missed massively this morning as employers are now facing the end of the ‘Trump economy, and the restart of Obama’s ‘new normal’. Jobs were down 140k when 70k were expected to be added, a massive difference of 210k. Lockdowns in Democratic-run states also impacted the jobs number.

Financial markets treaded water, and ended slightly higher, but look precariously overvalued in the face of coming tax increases and re-regulation."

https://creativedestructionmedia.com/news/markets/2021/01/08/dec-jobs-implode-employers-pull-back-in-face-of-biden-presidency/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

Pondering getting into some REALLY conservative stuff on Monday. Gonna use the weekend to do research. 

I'd say that's a very good idea. I'm not real up on "financial" type stuff.  I'm the Department of War, the Department of Maintenance and Construction, and the Department of Security.  My wife is the Financial Department.  She is moving some of my aunt's assets into tax free and money market accounts to "Preserve wealth".  Age is also a factor in financial planning, and you are a young man compared to us and my aunt.  With the demented one taking over, I think my wife is in the right direction.

1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

Well, I feel sure that the new Pres will open the floodgates on spending a lot of money on infrastructure and WuFlu stimulus $'s.

That will jack up the economy for a while, but eventually those birds are going to come home to roost.

Didn't previous administrations already spend trillions on roads and they are in worse shape then before they started?

3 hours ago, willie-pete said:

That will jack up the economy for a while, but eventually those birds are going to come home to roost.

I been saying that for a long time now, and nobody believes me. What's strong enough for a 6 trillion dollar bird to roost on, anyhow?

12 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Well, I feel sure that the new Pres will open the floodgates on spending a lot of money on infrastructure and WuFlu stimulus $'s.

Eventually the Baghdad Bobs  in the media are going to have a very hard time trying to convince people that things aren't as bad as they seem. They want to shut down the oil industry and that will impact the cost of delivery of goods and services. And then they want tax and regulate business and that will further impact the economy. Then at the same time they want to increase spending and print money to pay for it and that will create inflation.

wheelbarrow.JPG

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

They just re-named a bunch of streets after Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.in certain neighborhoods.

And in due time cancel culture will reach out for MLK, removing statues and re-renaming roads and buildings and schools. MLK was a gun owning Republican accused by some of sexual assault and even rape. Whether the accusations have merit is irrelevant. Once it is decided to cancel history ah la Orwell, ALL history must be cancelled. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:00 AM, tadbart said:

remember they make their Money whether you make any or not.....

i think China will Shore up the Harris/Biden Economy as a way to protect their Investment in the CCP`s Candidates.

• Like 1