Aren’t masks wonderful!

railfancwb

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

FBD080E6-BEF8-42A5-8C79-A4ECAFA0591C.jpeg

9DB4D222-FCE2-442B-B2F6-1A798AEE1E4D.png

I sent a hate mail to the corporate offices of the pharmacy I deal with.  At the store, I was told that if I moved to the side of the plastic shield I would be asked to leave,

Under no circumstance would the pharmacist remove or lower his mask so I could read his lips. 

I had to leave because I couldn't ask any questions, or get any answers about my medications.

I am almost deaf, and I asked if the corporation  considered the possibility of a class action lawsuit from the deaf, or hard of hearing, who no longer could get any information from the pharmacist to guard against harmful effects of the medications. 

As I understand it, this very information from the pharmacist is the patient's last line of defense for mistakes on medications and or dosage.

They said they contacted that pharmacy and they would accommodate me.  My wife has been getting my meds for me.  I don't trust them anymore.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

I sent a hate mail to the corporate offices of the pharmacy I deal with.  At the store, I was told that if I moved to the side of the plastic shield I would be asked to leave,

Under no circumstance would the pharmacist remove or lower his mask so I could read his lips. 

I had to leave because I couldn't ask any questions, or get any answers about my medications.

I am almost deaf, and I asked if the corporation  considered the possibility of a class action lawsuit from the deaf, or hard of hearing, who no longer could get any information from the pharmacist to guard against harmful effects of the medications. 

As I understand it, this very information from the pharmacist is the patient's last line of defense for mistakes on medications and or dosage.

They said they contacted that pharmacy and they would accommodate me.  My wife has been getting my meds for me.  I don't trust them anymore.

I think that falls under the Americans with Disabilities act, where they have to make reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities.

If they refuse to believe you have a disability or start questioning you about it, they are opening themselves up to a $75k fine.  (you also are NOT required to show proof or give any specifics about the disability)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willie-pete said:

So if I say I have a medical problem and can't breathe through a mask

and they can't ask me what that problem is.

Am I home free to walk about without a mask on ?

Hmmm !

You are correct. May have to remind a few proprietors about that potential $75k fine, but there's your loophole, amigo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

il_794xN.2442548484_ht8f.jpg

They're available on ebay or amazon, etc. Life is about adapting.

Wear a mask, the life you save may belong to someone you know. Or even yours. Do you really want to see someone you know spend a week or two on a ventilator? A friend for the past 45 years spent 3 weeks on a ventilator and nearly 3 months in the hospital. He survived, but it wasn't easy and who knows if he will ever really recover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnbt said:

"So if I say I have a medical problem and can't breathe through a mask"

Get a face shield. I'm sure some people will think up an excuse not to wear one of those either.

Got one already; with a clear shield, people will be able to ID me on the security camera footage.

:whistling:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johnbt said:

il_794xN.2442548484_ht8f.jpg

They're available on ebay or amazon, etc. Life is about adapting.

Wear a mask, the life you save may belong to someone you know. Or even yours. Do you really want to see someone you know spend a week or two on a ventilator? A friend for the past 45 years spent 3 weeks on a ventilator and nearly 3 months in the hospital. He survived, but it wasn't easy and who knows if he will ever really recover.

Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

Masks aren't saving any lives, except possibly in the shortest of terms. And in the long-run, they'll probably cost more lives than if we had never used them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, johnbt said:

"So if I say I have a medical problem and can't breathe through a mask"

Get a face shield. I'm sure some people will think up an excuse not to wear one of those either.

Me wearing a clear shield does nothing for my inability to understand what the masked person is mumbling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Masks will make you more likely to get sick, won't save you at all.

Same way the lockdowns increased the infection rate, exactly the opposite of what we were all told it was supposed to do.

Masks will increase the infection rate, we already have all the studies to know this will be the outcome.

22 hours ago, willie-pete said:

So if I say I have a medical problem and can't breathe through a mask

and they can't ask me what that problem is.

Am I home free to walk about without a mask on ?

Hmmm !

Well, when there are local ordinances requiring them and there are monetary penalties, for both the citizens for not wearing and (in our case where I live) a fine for the business as well. The business can deny entrance.

I was at sprouts (a hippy dippy food store.) and this lady comes in without a mask, they tries to deny her entrance, but they were on the wrong side of the table to stop her. The contacted the manger and they dispatched the sprouts posse to explain the sprouts life to her. The posse returns and I hear the manager calling 911. I find her, fairly attractive, holding her blouse collar over ther mouth and nose. I told her that the cops were coming and sprouts wouldn’t let her buy anything. I offered her a face shield, she declined.

a face shield is acceptable everywhere I’ve been to. My wife got these. https://www.amazon.com/All-Round-Spitting-Anti-Fog-Lightweight-Transparent/dp/B08F7W2MVJ/ref=sxin_7_se-bfs-1_e2625d5685d42d9a9d463c6f07289c73567abed7?crid=3JXH5818ESJ6I&cv_ct_cx=face+shield&dchild=1&keywords=face+shield&pd_rd_i=B08F7W2MVJ&pd_rd_r=8c3c94c6-f031-424f-869e-669c1ed0bab5&pd_rd_w=KAay5&pd_rd_wg=RW5Tt&pf_rd_p=dacc3d0b-3710-4690-aff2-b50ac098f37c&pf_rd_r=RGGBPZEC4PB44V4NYEPN&qid=1599202764&sprefix=Face%2Caps%2C215&sr=1-3-86c99a66-0468-42bb-9d10-9d8c8aee00c1

Edited by NPTim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NPTim said:

Well, when there are local ordinances requiring them and there are monetary penalties, for both the citizens for not wearing and (in our case where I live) a fine for the business as well. The business can deny entrance.

I was at sprouts (a hippy dippy food store.) and this lady comes in without a mask, they tries to deny her entrance, but they were on the wrong side of the table to stop her. The contacted the manger and they dispatched the sprouts posse to explain the sprouts life to her. The posse returns and I hear the manager calling 911. I find her, fairly attractive, holding her blouse collar over ther mouth and nose. I told her that the cops were coming and sprouts wouldn’t let her buy anything. I offered her a face shield, she declined.

a face shield is acceptable everywhere I’ve been to. My wife got these. https://www.amazon.com/All-Round-Spitting-Anti-Fog-Lightweight-Transparent/dp/B08F7W2MVJ/ref=sxin_7_se-bfs-1_e2625d5685d42d9a9d463c6f07289c73567abed7?crid=3JXH5818ESJ6I&cv_ct_cx=face+shield&dchild=1&keywords=face+shield&pd_rd_i=B08F7W2MVJ&pd_rd_r=8c3c94c6-f031-424f-869e-669c1ed0bab5&pd_rd_w=KAay5&pd_rd_wg=RW5Tt&pf_rd_p=dacc3d0b-3710-4690-aff2-b50ac098f37c&pf_rd_r=RGGBPZEC4PB44V4NYEPN&qid=1599202764&sprefix=Face%2Caps%2C215&sr=1-3-86c99a66-0468-42bb-9d10-9d8c8aee00c1

I'm wondering if the business can deny you entrance based on you " disability " of not being able to breath with a mask on ?

Does the ADA apply in this instance ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, willie-pete said:

I'm wondering if the business can deny you entrance based on you " disability " of not being able to breath with a mask on ?

Does the ADA apply in this instance ?

Who wants to be the test case, like with concealed carry comes into question.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've been spending a lot of time in southern states.  97% of the people don't give a flip.

A sign on one store's door said, "Masks are required per state mandate.  If you are not wearing a mask,  we'll assume you have a medical condition."

and the problem is????   its personal responsibility.  If you think you might get sick and die stay home.  we have the right to go out as we see fit.  If we get sick and die, bad on us!!!

• Thanks 1