Simple Things In Or Around Your House You Have Sat and Watched?

DrB

Not really in the spirit of the rest of the thread, but here's one that I've done before.

Sat down and read "the idiot card" for almost 3 hours straight.

Now, as it's reading and not watching, it violates the spirit of the thread, but I think it still counts because I had 2 people sitting there watching me do it for 3 hours...

Still haven't decided if I'm the bigger idiot for reading the card 3 hours, or them for watching me do it.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, Huaco Kid said:

Last time I was sick,  I had a robo-hamster (hampster).

They're the best kind.  The cuteness is off the charts.

I could just sit most of the day and watch him scurry.

And just when I thought I've heard it all, I find myself discussing robo-hamsters. Da phuc?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

At night open a door and look out as the rain is falling and just listen.

I love the rain and watching the storms roll in. 

I remember when I was a young boy my grandma would sit me on her lap and we used to watch the storms come in through the old farmhouse window that overlooked the one farm field.. She always sat and watched the storms come in.  She never talked then, we just sat and watched. Was a peaceful time for her I guess.  Had an old wind up mantel clock on the shelf above us.  Three places to wind it with a key.  Loved hearing the chimes.  Good memories.

Dave..

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 3:59 PM, DrB said:

I envy your bird feeder.  Someday I want to make something similar.  Good Job...

Dave..

I have a nice bird feeder they said was squirrel resistant.

About a month ago I caught a squirrel IN the bird feeder.

The thing was INSIDE eating the seeds.

• Haha 3

Cattle and horses in the adjacent pastures.  The young calves romping and playing like puppies.  My chocolate lab taking a nap using a childs soccer ball as a pillow under her chin (it's her favorite toy plus her comfort woobie when she naps), My wife legs when she walks around in a nightshirt.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I split my time between three states now. 

At my home base, I live on several acres in the middle of town but the neighborhood is all like that. Lots of woods and water and wildlife.  I enjoy just watching it all.  Squirrels.  and raccoons are fun to watch them do squirrel and raccoon stuff.   The deer come around a lot as well.   There are a lot of permanent ducks on all the ponds as well.  They waddle around doing duck stuff. 

Some neighbors have  horses. I enjoy watching them do horse stuff  

All from my front or back porch  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a special time early in the morn. when the sun comes through trees of my backyard in such a subtle and perfect way as to cast a purple shade of gray across everything.  That perfect moment of darkness before the light and that slow delicate way the day breaks...with a cup of coffee...is special.

I think it was General Forrest who once said, "I have always enjoyed this curious time of day."  Speaking of the same period of time.

• Like 2

I also enjoy the first 2 hours of trading in the market. Hearing the Stock Market Bell at 9:30 is always exciting. There is so much momentum at opening.

While I keep an eye on my stock / ETF watchlist on a 55" monitor (yes, it's a Bravia - no, I do have a dentist), I'm in 2 separate live-streams with 2 different pro traders, in 5 trading groups, and 5 live chat rooms on 3 other monitors. Being able to buy and sell positions within split-seconds basically feels like being on the NYSE trading floor. Day trading is so dynamic and exhilarating, and I don't even have to get dressed or leave the house.

Img-0771.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterG7 said:

When the neighbors stop by6e46f7f73e8275018adc5fb7572afb99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That photo is a bit blurry! I'll make it crisp for ya!

Grilled+Venison+Fillet+with+Cherry+Pecan

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2