Old Pictures

Eric

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, janice6 said:

But, for a short while it was quick!

Look at that bike. Banana seat, sissy bar, ape-hanger handlebars, headlight... He’s got all the boxes checked except handlebar tassels and a couple of playing cards, held on by clothes pins, flapping in his spokes. 

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

After the ape-hangers,  I put mx-style bars on it.

Because I needed something to hit my mouth into, too.

When I was ten, I once jumped my bike off a ramp and bounced off the seat when the bike landed. I landed straddling on the rapidly spinning rear tire, as I had no rear fender, while wearing cutoff jean shorts. The spinning tire left blackened friction burns high up on both inner thighs. Until I fell off, the knobs on the rear tire played my cubes like a player piano and I’m here to tell you, I hit some high notes. 

• Haha 5

Me and my buddy once rode a radio flyer down the steepest road around.  It was a flat-bed style one,  and it didn't have the stake-walls on it.

Everyone knows that steering a wagon, at high speed, is only just luck.

I was steering.  It went dangerously straight.

We didn't know,  with my perfect middle-of-the road aviation skills,  we'd hit the manhole cover,  sunken three inches down.

The wagon instantly stopped.

We kept going,  at 50mph.

The stake-bed brackets on each side of the wagon ripped our thighs into meat-hanging gore.

We never straddled a wagon again.

• Haha 2

The 'sissy-bar' bike was an English brand I got when I was little.  Don't remember, really.  Triang-Hornby, is my guess.  It had white tyres.

Brought it back to America.  It was a boy's bike,  but looked like a girl's, because,  I don't know,  that's what the limeys did.

This thing had a weird gear-ratio,  I could beat 10-speeds uphill.  It was a magnificent bike.

• Like 1

I dressed up like a cowboy,  which I was wont to do, in London (hey,  I was borned in Texas),  and decided that my bike should be a horse.

So I tied a rope onto each end of the handlebars,  and rode it like a horse!

For a while.

Then, one handlebar came untied and I did a good head-crash.

I never did that again, either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric said:

Look at that bike. Banana seat, sissy bar, ape-hanger handlebars, headlight... He’s got all the boxes checked except handlebar tassels and a couple of playing cards, held on by clothes pins, flapping in his spokes. 

That kid's dad works in an office. The sissy bar is on backwards and the chain guard is missing. Otherwise it looks good. tom. :cowboy2:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Now that camera... it looks like a Hasselblad, but I don’t know when those were first made. Think one or several were left on the moon.

About a fine a camera as anyone ever produced.  I think they were used at the Nuremberg trials.  They were famous for medium format film cameras, excellent glass, and teh camera could take photographs without making noise.

Even used ones sell for loot on ebay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

No There's a place to make a stand!!!

Would love to see Inside that place.

119079497_3171974852928114_13801733423241842_n.jpg

For the time frame, probably very meager. Little maintenance, probably very temperature regulated. I would imagine it a very comfortable setting. Only problem is air flow might be compromised, but the old timers were very ingenuitive.

• Like 2