Old Pictures

Eric

4 hours ago, Historian said:

I bet a cup of coffee would taste very fine as a guest in that kitchen.  Look at that lovely china.   Even a saucer under the coffee cup.   Bet it was blue and white.

I started drinking coffee quite young.  My father taught me the art of pouring some into the saucer to sip from, when it was too hot to drink from the cup.

I don't believe I had a coffee cup without a saucer for 10 or 15 years after that.

God I love coffee!

On 9/6/2020 at 8:07 AM, Historian said:

I once used the gutters on a house as a clandestine antenna system for a shortwave radio.

(que mysterious spy music)

On 9/6/2020 at 8:07 AM, Historian said:

I once used the gutters on a house as a clandestine antenna system for a shortwave radio.

(que mysterious spy music)

Common solution for evading HOA's.

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

Common solution for evading HOA's.

So i had a radio friend who live about five miles away in a HOA neighborhood that was very very nice.   They would not allow him a antenna and my friend did not want to get the FCC involved.  He had a different idea.  The first time i saw this work...i thought i knew i was in the presence of a genius.

He put in a green house with frosted windows.  Only it wasn't a green house.

Que the music.

It was an an areodrome!!!

He ran power to his green house.  And when he pressed a button the top half of the peaked room would separate and slowly deploy a tethered Zeplin shaped balloon.  The type car dealers use to get your attention.  This craft would assend to about 140 ft. (well below FCC regulations) and would deploy with it....a Zeplin antenna.

He would do this at night...and no one knew...

He press another button and it would return to base and the areodrome would close upon the concealed craft.

We're Not Worthy GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1