Old Pictures

Eric

18 hours ago, Historian said:

Laugh.   My wife was asking me when i was going to retire the old push mower.  We have a 1/3rd acre lot.

i told her it was pretty intense exercise.   Especially when it feels like 104 outside.

I used to get out the mower on days when it was in the 90's and high humidity, here (hot for us) and mow the grass.  I'd come in dragging my ass and barely able to walk.

My wife would tell me it's stupid to mow on days this hot.  I would tell her that I considered this a "stress test" and the fact that I was still alive told me I was reasonably healthy.  She thought I was joking.  I wasn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I used to get out the mower on days when it was in the 90's and high humidity, here (hot for us) and mow the grass.  I'd come in dragging my ass and barely able to walk.

My wife would tell me it's stupid to mow on days this hot.  I would tell her that I considered this a "stress test" and the fact that I was still alive told me I was reasonably healthy.  She thought I was joking.  I wasn't.

Pretty much how i feel after an hour of mowing, edging, and weed-eaterin....

I'm not a spring chicken anymore.  The mileage adds up.   If i can still do it...i'm ok.

At least until i have a heart attack while cleaning the gutters.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I'm not a spring chicken anymore.  The mileage adds up.   If i can still do it...i'm ok.

My concern about cleaning gutters is more about loosing my balance and falling. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Go Lowe's or one of those type of store and buy gutter guards.  The good metal ones are quite reasonable and install easy. Save a lot pain.

• Like 1