Trains

Eric

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

This is an extremely well exposed and printed image. Technical perfection. Incredibly difficult. Thanks. 

I was impressed with it. It is a truly amazing shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

O. Winston Link was the photographer.   He specialized in trains and night shots of trains.  I believe he used a large format camera and numerous flash bulbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._Winston_Link

...an American photographer, best known for his black-and-white photography and sound recordings of the last days of steam locomotive railroading on the Norfolk & Western in the United States in the late 1950s.

Edited by misterfox
Add link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, misterfox said:

O. Winston Link was the photographer.   He specialized in trains and night shots of trains.  I believe he used a large format camera and numerous flash bulbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._Winston_Link

...an American photographer, best known for his black-and-white photography and sound recordings of the last days of steam locomotive railroading on the Norfolk & Western in the United States in the late 1950s.

There is an excellent museum about Mr Link in Roanoke VA. Worth a visit if you can. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

There is an excellent museum about Mr Link in Roanoke VA. Worth a visit if you can. 

O Winston Link makes a cameo appearance in the movie 'Rocket Boys'.   Which is worth seeing.

The boys are taking rail from an unused siding - and they hear a train coming.  Thinking the siding may be active, they run up to try to stop it.  As the train passes them, the engineer - O Winston Link - waves at them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1