Random Posting

Eric

11 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I like the Harbor Freight electrical tape.  Ten rolls for $4.

You can't even peel it off the roll without it breaking.

I buy that stuff all the time.  I use the tape as clamping device for gluing irregular shapes.  It is cheap enough to use plenty of it.  Each wrap under tension adds to the total tension of the clamping.  I have multiple wood layer joints so tight you can't tell it's not one piece. 

I also used it on a curved 1/2" x 1/2" White Oak many strip curtain rod over 4 bay windows about 6 feet long, so the rod has the shape of the bow windows.  It worked to perfection and matches the stain of the window trim.

I haven't had any problem unwrapping it from the roll.  Of course it's stored in a 40 degree garage so it's not terribly cold.

I also use it for electrical applications, but I don't like tape much and prefer heat shrink tubing and wire nuts.

I have no complaint for probably 60 or more rolls.

• Like 1

Gun used by Squeaky Fromme to try and kill President Ford

3981EC54-1F81-4477-889C-5710177CD15A.jpeg.7ddb75ba15aa660dc63aba4b5b64d353.jpeg

it’s in the Ford Presidential Museum now

00E85E4C-11A8-42A2-B72D-24CED45182C7.jpeg.1b623ecc5cb8d48a2bb43f6379aaca80.jpeg

the gun had four rounds in the magazine, none in the chamber.

”can you believe it, it didn’t go off”

Ford was the only President to have an assassination attempt by a woman.

three weeks later, another woman tried again. With a 38 revolver and hit a bystander as it was shooting about six inches left at the range she was making the attempt

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have no complaint for probably 60 or more rolls.

Yeah,  work buys us the good stuff for wiring.  I mostly use the HF stuff to temporarily hold stuff out of the way or in place.  I can use a roll per day.

It's pretty frustrating to have it break, inch by inch, (much worse when cold) when peeling it off the roll.

And if you leave it wrapped for too long,  and remove it,  it leaves gobs of gooey tar all over whatever you taped.

15 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Yeah,  work buys us the good stuff for wiring.  I mostly use the HF stuff to temporarily hold stuff out of the way or in place.  I can use a roll per day.

It's pretty frustrating to have it break, inch by inch, (much worse when cold) when peeling it off the roll.

And if you leave it wrapped for too long,  and remove it,  it leaves gobs of gooey tar all over whatever you taped.

I used to use a lot of it on my radio tower for tying cables, etc.  I found that the 3M Black didn't weather worth a crap, maybe a season.  But the 3M Yellow (just remembered it was the No. 33 tape) colored electrical tape would stand the UV, heat and subzero weather for many years.

Edited by janice6
added info

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

three weeks later, another woman tried again. With a 38 revolver and hit a bystander as it was shooting about six inches left at the range she was making the attempt

That's a 1911 - pre A1 - model.  Can't tell who made it but Colt shows a model with that serial number (top picture) as being made in 1914 and - I think - being delivered to the military.  

Cool piece of history even without the assassination attempt on it.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Who'da thunk it - Lynette was an advocate of Israeli carry!  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

That's a 1911 - pre A1 - model.  Can't tell who made it but Colt shows a model with that serial number (top picture) as being made in 1914 and - I think - being delivered to the military.  

Cool piece of history even without the assassination attempt on it.

That's something that really irritates me about criminals and nuts (Squeaky was both). They'll steal something nice and either sell it for pennies on the dollar or take it out of circulation and never appreciate it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I wasn't cool until I got a TI LED watch.

Even then, not everybody realized it yet.

My son is a digital engineer.  I am analog one. So I bought him an LED watch that reads out in BCD.  He thought it was hilarious when most of his fellow engineers couldn't read it.

At the time, I couldn't find an LED watch that read out in Octal.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't feel like starting a new thread for this, but want to do a mini walmart rant.

*begin rant*

Last week I bought 3 strings of lights, all the same label.

Got home, found 2 of the 3 strings were not what the label said, label said "multicolor" and the lights were clear.

happened to stop by the store again a couple days later, none of the one I wanted on the shelf.

Got home, looked online, different walmart said "in stock" so I ordered 3 more strings.  2 were on the shelf, 3rd had to be ordered in.

Just got back from Walmart.

took the 2 strings I had that were mislabeled in, I had paid cash and lost the receipt.  The computer refused to accept my drivers license number, kept saying "invalid ID"

gave up on that, went to the order pickup area, got the 3 strings I ordered.

the one they had to ship in was correct.  The other two, not only were they not multicolor, they were a completely different style of light.  Labels/barcodes the same for all of them.

Went back to customer service.  Had a different lady help me this time, and the manager as well.

After about 5 minutes we finally figured out the ID system is requiring the state abbreviation added to the front of my driver's license number.

Finally got the refund for those 2, plus the other 2.

Now had to go find a few more light strings.  Reason for this is I'm taking part in a lighted tractor parade tomorrow, and there is a 1000 light minimum for the vehicles.

They're pretty well out of green wire multicolor LED christmas lights.

Then in a different store section I found one more of the original light string.  That brings me up to 675 lights.

Bought a couple of 150 light nets, and some short battery operated strings to put on the wheels.  

At this point I'm still slightly annoyed but otherwise very relieved that it all finally worked out.

*end rant*

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Don't feel like starting a new thread for this, but want to do a mini walmart rant.

*begin rant*

Last week I bought 3 strings of lights, all the same label.

Got home, found 2 of the 3 strings were not what the label said, label said "multicolor" and the lights were clear.

happened to stop by the store again a couple days later, none of the one I wanted on the shelf.

Got home, looked online, different walmart said "in stock" so I ordered 3 more strings.  2 were on the shelf, 3rd had to be ordered in.

Just got back from Walmart.

took the 2 strings I had that were mislabeled in, I had paid cash and lost the receipt.  The computer refused to accept my drivers license number, kept saying "invalid ID"

gave up on that, went to the order pickup area, got the 3 strings I ordered.

the one they had to ship in was correct.  The other two, not only were they not multicolor, they were a completely different style of light.  Labels/barcodes the same for all of them.

Went back to customer service.  Had a different lady help me this time, and the manager as well.

After about 5 minutes we finally figured out the ID system is requiring the state abbreviation added to the front of my driver's license number.

Finally got the refund for those 2, plus the other 2.

Now had to go find a few more light strings.  Reason for this is I'm taking part in a lighted tractor parade tomorrow, and there is a 1000 light minimum for the vehicles.

They're pretty well out of green wire multicolor LED christmas lights.

Then in a different store section I found one more of the original light string.  That brings me up to 675 lights.

Bought a couple of 150 light nets, and some short battery operated strings to put on the wheels.  

At this point I'm still slightly annoyed but otherwise very relieved that it all finally worked out.

*end rant*

Getting the setting to provide holiday cheer for others is damn near enough to take it out of you!

Glad you finally got the right stuff, almost.  

I hate taking stuff back.  It's a pain in many places.

I had to quit going to Big Lots to buy.  They won't accept my checks.  I called the company and they said they wouldn't even consider reviewing my credit record.  

My credit rating has been 840 for a number of years and there was $15,000 in the account.  I figure they don't like me if I don't use a CC. 

If a check is stolen they can spend it once.  If a CC card numbers are stolen they can spend it many times over, before I get it to stop.  Then I have to pay for the remittance in increased card fees along with all the rest of the CC holders.  Even if you get your money back, you still pay.

I'm getting to hate shopping in general.  If my wife doesn't go with me to mitigate my anger, I don't go.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic