Random Posting

Eric

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Gin is the only thing that ever made me sick/hangover

Dad was a martini drinker,  from I think, from the elite college,  when that's what the cool kids did.

And the professional career required you to drink three at lunch, and then go back to the office,  and drink more,  from the bar in your office.

By the time I was older,  Dad's "martinis" had turned into glug-glug-glug's of gin.

We stole it several times.

And I've never drank gin again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:35 PM, railfancwb said:

Have heard there is a Corvette year/model where seven plugs are easily removed/replaced but the eighth one requires a front fender to be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a model of Ford that you had to disconnect the motor mount and jack the engine up to change plugs.

The field service was to cut holes through the inside of the fender to access them with out having to jack the engine up.

Not every mechanical engineer was a genius.

Edited by janice6
lost a word.
  • Like 1

image.png.ed1604a771e2ebf35bd1d8b4bc49c684.png

Corvette's are famous for that sort of stuff.  Had a vett and to replace the battery you didn't have to remove the fender but there was panel behind the front fender with some vents in it.  That had to be removed to get the battery out.  First time figuring out how to remove that was a trick.  Also to replace the fuel pump the instruction said to drop the spare and then drop fuel tank to get at it.  Figured out that in the storage area behind the seats you pull up the carpet and remove a panel and presto there was the fuel pump, much faster and easier if the fuel tank was full.

• Thanks 1

I remember a model of Ford that you had to disconnect the motor mount and jack the engine up to change plugs.
The field service was to cut holes through the inside of the fender to access them with having to jack the engine up.
Not every mechanical engineer was a genius.

Hole in the fender was the way to change out a screaming heater fan motor in the 1968 Firebird - and likely its close kin Camero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

I was seriously considering joshing with Eric about his absence being due to the Twilight movie marathon on television today, implying that he is, as previously reported, a huge fan of the films.

But, then I remembered that he is the ultimate arbiter of Santa's Naughty or Nice List and I don't want to blow it this close to Christmas.

Yes, I am a-skeered.

And, a relic apparently.

Thus, I freely grant permission for someone else, perhaps one that is already condemned to the Naughty List for the foreseeable future, to do the whimsical deed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic