Random Posting

Eric

47 minutes ago, DrB said:

Anyone else here besides me have seen a self butchering pig??

Pig.jpg

Meet the dish of the day - At,  "The Restaruant at the end of the Universe"!

"...A large dairy animal approached Zaphod Beeblebrox's table, a large fat meaty quadruped of the bovine type with large watery eyes, small horns and what might almost have been an ingratiating smile on its lips.

"Good evening," it lowed and sat back heavily on its haunches, "I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in the parts of my body?"

It harrumphed and gurgled a bit, wriggled its hind quarters in to a more comfortable position and gazed peacefully at them.

Its gaze was met by looks of startled bewilderment from Arthur and Trillian, a resigned shrug from Ford Prefect and naked hunger from Zaphod Beeblebrox.

"Something off the shoulder perhaps?" suggested the animal, "braised in a white wine sauce?"

"Er, your shoulder?" said Arthur in a horrified whisper.

"But naturally my shoulder, sir," mooed the animal contentedly, "nobody else's is mine to offer."

Zaphod leapt to his feet and started prodding and feeling the animal's shoulder appreciatively.

"Or the rump is very good," murmured the animal. "I've been exercising it and eating plenty of grain, so there's a lot of good meat there."

It gave a mellow grunt, gurgled again and started to chew the cud. It swallowed the cud again.

"Or a casserole of me perhaps?" it added.

"You mean this animal actually wants us to eat it?" whispered Trillian to Ford.

"Me?" said Ford, with a glazed look in his eyes, "I don't mean anything."

"That's absolutely horrible," exclaimed Arthur, "the most revolting thing I've ever heard."..."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrB said:

Anyone else here besides me have seen a self butchering pig??

Pig.jpg

Eat with pleasure and without fatigue.

Auvergne sausage.

Absolute food purity.

The "good prodigal pig sausage."

I may not be translating prodigue correctly, or it may be an idiom that i am unfamiliar with.

But, having seen tons of French advertising, it may mean just as it says.

Edit: I dusted off my French-English dictionary and  prodigue can also mean lavish or extravagant.

That makes more sense.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Meet the dish of the day - At,  "The Restaruant at the end of the Universe"!

"...A large dairy animal approached Zaphod Beeblebrox's table, a large fat meaty quadruped of the bovine type with large watery eyes, small horns and what might almost have been an ingratiating smile on its lips.

"Good evening," it lowed and sat back heavily on its haunches, "I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in the parts of my body?"

It harrumphed and gurgled a bit, wriggled its hind quarters in to a more comfortable position and gazed peacefully at them.

Its gaze was met by looks of startled bewilderment from Arthur and Trillian, a resigned shrug from Ford Prefect and naked hunger from Zaphod Beeblebrox.

"Something off the shoulder perhaps?" suggested the animal, "braised in a white wine sauce?"

"Er, your shoulder?" said Arthur in a horrified whisper.

"But naturally my shoulder, sir," mooed the animal contentedly, "nobody else's is mine to offer."

Zaphod leapt to his feet and started prodding and feeling the animal's shoulder appreciatively.

"Or the rump is very good," murmured the animal. "I've been exercising it and eating plenty of grain, so there's a lot of good meat there."

It gave a mellow grunt, gurgled again and started to chew the cud. It swallowed the cud again.

"Or a casserole of me perhaps?" it added.

"You mean this animal actually wants us to eat it?" whispered Trillian to Ford.

"Me?" said Ford, with a glazed look in his eyes, "I don't mean anything."

"That's absolutely horrible," exclaimed Arthur, "the most revolting thing I've ever heard."..."

Yup, this was the first thing to cross my mind as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, Dric902 said:

Not Florida

Louisiana woman allegedly caught with meth hidden inside her vagina said she didn't know where the drugs came from, police said.

Ashley Beth Rolland, 23, was accused on July 31 of stealing $5,000 from the apartment of a man she'd been staying with for about a week, according to documents published by the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-woman-meth-vagina-not-hers

1BDE9ACF-71F2-497F-A806-C811C4B7A25F.thumb.jpeg.15f853ac4a3b1217abd1b8a1aef4d6f7.jpeg

Are we sure that it was meth and not crack?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tous said:

Hooper.

A forgettable film made during the hey day of jumping innocent automobiles over creeks.

If I recall, that poor red Firebird met its fate in such a stunt.

I do remember at the time that Brian Keith had come a long way down the Hollywood ladder by appearing in the film, but then I also remembered he starred in the television series Family Affair, so mabbe it wasn't his lowest job.

I can't recall any film Keith did in which he wasn't just sitting on his laurels. I never saw that original good work.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tous said:

Has anyone, in the history of mankind, ever completely consumed a Pink Pearl eraser?

Or, does one just get a new one every year and the old ones -- just vanish.

:dancingteddy:

When I started a job in 1989 I bought a Staedtler white rectangular eraser and put it on my desk. I wrote "1989" on it. I still have 3/4s of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Right now I am reading a book that Lucky chewed on a little maybe the first year I had him.  There is another one too I may read soon.

I've still got my first 'real' knife from when I must have been 6 or 7.  It's a fixed 4" Schrade.  I could even have it on my belt at school.

Our dog "Mack" gnawed the leather handle,  somewhere along the way.

I still use it,  but it's been delegated to hacking metal and things you don't want to do to a good knife.

Every time I pick it up,  I remember how really, really, really, really pissed I was at that dog, that day.

• Like 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic