Random Posting

Eric

8 hours ago, inthefrey said:

Were you guys using TK47's? ? Ah yes, I remember the chroma phase loops! In my shop, tweakers were licenced! Worked on Sony VP-1800 thru VP-7000 machines. Had this amazing Ampex 1" machine and, an old 2" machine they use to do crash edits on. Field camera guys would carry BVU-110's. They would take them from the air conditioning into 90 degree, high humidity and yell at me about condensation alarms! Then, there were the 250, RCA Lyceum's (tube type) we had to keep running at the USNA. Remember the pull-out adjustment drawer? ColorTrac? Then, getting zapped by capacitance of the CRT! Good 'ol days of broadcast engineering!

I do miss the tube days.  Every so often they would make sure your heart was still beating.  Start and stop it to verify.

I got to the point that I didn't react to a shock, since the reaction could hurt you more than the shock.  Semiconductors are for pansies!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tous said:

We're lucky Eric didn't make the entire site orange.

don't say stuff like that too loud, he might just do it to prove you wrong for a day or two

edit:  I know I would.

Edited by Cougar_ml
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, railfancwb said:

c91d5efccf8b738d89a45dc94453e662.jpg

My first recollection of encountering this was via an 8-track tape by Leonard Nimoy labeled “Spock Talk”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had that on my wall somewhere in every house I've had since....wow....1972?  Here's another one I really enjoy.  "The Final Score"

992783191_TheFinalScore.jpg.9f5f5a6ebc16524c38bb0ba40c2c2318.jpg

• Thanks 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic