Random Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

The mysterious 11th step of the 10 step program, fire your last beer into the air:

Related image

That's how we true rednecks get rid of our empties - launch them over to the neighbors side. Coincidentally, that's also how we shoot skeet. The neighbor launches them back at us, and we shoot 'em as they come over the treeline so that they fall back into their yard. Recycling at it's best.

• Like 3

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Guy is anticipating and jerking the muzzle down when he fires. Pistol is diving bigtime when he pulls the trigger.

Here’s me firing a full-auto Glock 21. The controllability was outstanding. 

14950901-2082-48F5-A007-9FB142F7517A.jpeg.ab210cd166dc807b632da1a10963b6fd.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eric said:

Guy needs to work on his trigger control. Pistol is diving bigtime when he pulls the trigger.

That is why I tickled the trigger on full auto M-4's.  You get a 3 round burst, no appreciable rise, and are on target.  This is a lucky guy who managed to score a Glock 18, but does not seem to understand on full auto you don't mash the trigger.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Guy is anticipating and jerking the muzzle down when he fires. Pistol is diving bigtime when he pulls the trigger.

Well, it was my wife’s first magazine out of any full-auto pistol, so I’ll forgive her for the trigger jerking. I was rather proud of her keeping to 3-4 round bursts. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Well, it was my wife’s first magazine out of any full-auto pistol, so I’ll forgive her for the trigger jerking. I was rather proud of her keeping to 3-4 round bursts. 

No offense intended. Did she enjoy the experience? Firing full-auto can be addictive. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

I'd probably be shooting down birds.  I've always struggled with recoil control during rapid fire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

No offense intended. Did she enjoy the experience? Firing full-auto can be addictive. 

None taken! She had an absolute blast! She burned through 200 rounds in the Glock, another 200 through a F/A 9mm AR, and topped the day off with a full box of .50 BMG through a Barrett M99 bolt action. (10 round box of American Eagle) She fell hard for the Barrett so I see one of those in our future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, tous said:

We had stumble by with real ice cream back in the ancient days.

I wonder if contemporary warships have Slurpee machines.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Sounds like "flaunting the big ship" syndrome.  We had to make do with only Steaks and shore purchased delicacies.  No Ice Cream machines is why Minesweepers were classified as, "Arduous Sea Duty".

I talked with a Sailor from the Ranger one time and he said the storm was so bad, they could actually feel the ship move in it.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic