Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

6a65d2522d4ace84.png

My son-law-law saw a white potato-shaped-sized rock sitting on the roof of my car (yes, I brought it home.  It's sitting on the rockwall now), and said, "Nice rock."

Then I told him I had almost thrown it through someone's windshield.  He was, like, "Whitey, please!"

I was having a smoke in front of the hotel, after dark. I was a step, or two, away from the sidewalk.   A SUV came skidding around the corner,  almost on two tires,  and came to a complete stop,  facing right at me.

I was on the sidewalk now.  It started chirping-start-stops,  pointed right at me.

I picked up the rock.  It was perfect.

I've still got an arm, plenty of adrenaline now,  and was getting ready to put it into the windshield,  about three carlengths away.

I don't know why I was going to put it in the windshield,  or why I thought that was a good idea,  but it was an instantaneous snap judgement call.  I assumed the position.

Then the car floored it, screeching,  right to in front of the hotel doors.  A dreadlocked dude in an oversized NBA jersey jumped out and ran into the lobby.

When I went in five minutes later,  there was a crowd of people behind the front desk,  and the dude was trying to fix their PC.

That's what hospitality customer-service has turned into, these days.

13 hours ago, Historian said:

I wear tips about twice a week for work or church.  Whenever i have to wear a suit.   It's pretty common.  The hard part is finding a replacement because most people have no idea what fine shoes are.

I have them in Black and in Brown.

• Like 1

God might have a message for you:

A woman in Canada narrowly missed being struck by a meteorite that crashed through her roof and landed on her pillow. 

Ruth Hamilton, a resident of Golden, British Columbia, was asleep in her bed on the night of Oct. 3 when she was jolted awake by an explosive bang, as something plummeted through the roof and showered her with debris, Hamilton told Victoria News on Oct. 8. .

https://www.space.com/meteorite-near-miss-bedroom-canada

That rock as been flying around space for God knows how long.   Hundreds of thousands of years...and it just missed her.

14 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I call it the "i almost put a rock into someone's windshield rock".   It reminds me of the time I almost put a rock into someone's windshield.

Every time my SIL sees it,  he asks, "Thrown any rocks at cars, lately?"

I know a couple or three firemen that have nearly been run over by idiots.  A Maglite with sufficient velocity can do serious damage to vehicle glass.  If they used a rock it would surprise exactly no one.  :greensupergrin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

I know a couple or three firemen that have nearly been run over by idiots.  A Maglite with sufficient velocity can do serious damage to vehicle glass.  If they used a rock it would surprise exactly no one.  :greensupergrin:

4 D cell MAGLITE...... AWESOME "legal" WEAPON

• Like 4