Random Posting

Eric

This is an explanation from a serious card-carrying non-geek but here it is. There are several sites that I visit on a regular basis and have for years. All of a sudden, about two weeks ago now, I get the message posted below. But I have an Apple phone that uses Verizon and I can go to those sites without any issues and I know that the certificates are still good. Is Hughes being woke and cutting me off from the info or what? I am really getting fried about it and I don't want to call them and go off without evidence.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 5.03.39 PM.png

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

This is an explanation from a serious card-carrying non-geek but here it is. There are several sites that I visit on a regular basis and have for years. All of a sudden, about two weeks ago now, I get the message posted below. But I have an Apple phone that uses Verizon and I can go to those sites without any issues and I know that the certificates are still good. Is Hughes being woke and cutting me off from the info or what? I am really getting fried about it and I don't want to call them and go off without evidence.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 5.03.39 PM.png

I can go to it OK. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and deleting your cookies for that site?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I can go to it OK. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and deleting your cookies for that site?

Yes sir. That was one of the first things I did because I don't know that much about these things. I also have no problem going to the sites with my cell phone which uses Verizon. There are about 20 sites in all (hat I know so far) and it all happened in one day at the same time. My computer tells me it a 'Certification expiration' issue which is false. If those sites had expired certificates, no one would be allowed to go to them from any device.

• Like 1

What’s a Cemetery?

A cemetery is a place where people are buried. They are not associated with a church, so they are often larger as they’re able to spread out beyond land adjacent to a church. Both religious people and nonbelievers can be buried there.

What’s a Graveyard

A graveyard, like a cemetery, is a place where people are buried after they die. Graveyards are affiliated with a church and are typically located on church grounds. They tend to be smaller due to land limitations, and thus, are often choosier. Only members of their religion and sometimes only members of that specific church can be buried in a graveyard. 

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Yes sir. That was one of the first things I did because I don't know that much about these things. I also have no problem going to the sites with my cell phone which uses Verizon. There are about 20 sites in all (hat I know so far) and it all happened in one day at the same time. My computer tells me it a 'Certification expiration' issue which is false. If those sites had expired certificates, no one would be allowed to go to them from any device.

I used to have satellite something Blue before Hughes net and would have similar problem from time to time.  I would be willing to bet it is an issue with their equipment.  I don't know the correct terminology to use but would bet they need to update their software/equipment that verifies the certificates.  Since they work on cell phone but not Hughes it most likely is their problem.

• Thanks 1