Random Posting

Eric

This is the battery system for a 2021 Niro electric vehicle. Battery system has failed. Cost of replacement under warranty is $34,000. At some point these will fail regardless of brand. If you think these should replace conventional gas vehicles you need to think twice.

05c36249dcbb952b.jpg

This is only happening because of misplaced government "incentives". They wouldn't exist if not for the countless tax breaks offered at the state and federal level to both manufacturers and customers. It's a perfect example how the government screws up everything it gets involved in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

This is only happening because of misplaced government "incentives". They wouldn't exist if not for the countless tax breaks offered at the state and federal level to both manufacturers and customers. It's a perfect example how the government screws up everything it gets involved in.

Creating an artificial market....to transfer wealth from one sector to another.

Explain to me how batteries can be better for the environment.   I still have to charge them...and where is that charge coming from?  Maybe the sun.  But more than likely a fossil fuel based plant.

And i have massive tool box envy.  Dang!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

67062595_424584688145861_8929578926435467264_o.jpg

As I was leaving 8th grade - junior high it was then called - they held a graduation ceremony. My first such. No kindergarten or elementary school graduations. And at that time the 8th grade education equipped young teens to do many things. Some in fact could have been old teens as social promotions grade to grade didn’t happen.

Understand that Amish consider eight grade education adequate. 

• Like 4

On 8/9/2021 at 7:47 AM, Historian said:

Those show a person has class.   It's like cuff links.

I wear a fedora or a Stetson as well.

When a man steps out looking like that...you know he's a man to recon with.

I used to wear wing tips in both high school and College.

Until I figured out that shoes are just covering for feet.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

As I was leaving 8th grade - junior high it was then called - they held a graduation ceremony. My first such. No kindergarten or elementary school graduations. And at that time the 8th grade education equipped young teens to do many things. Some in fact could have been old teens as social promotions grade to grade didn’t happen.

Agreed.  I have a College education, but really I could have stopped at the end of the 8th grade.  The further education does open doors, but not because you know any more then you did at the end of 8.  

But learning must be an ongoing process.  You will not be successful in life if you do not continue to expand your mind.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, norton said:

I used to wear wing tips in both high school and College.

Until I figured out that shoes are just covering for feet.  

I still got a pair.  For when I "go out" and funerals and ****...

last time I wore em was like...my daughter's marriage...6 years ago.  NO, Wait!!!  They made me wear Spats for that.  I don't know when the last Time I wore em was....I wear Keens Sandals...Year round here in floriduh...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

My father's father was a school teacher and a principal for most of his life. When I was about 16 and probably in the 10th grade, he showed me an examination that students had to pass to be promoted to the 10th grade. I cannot for the life of me remember the date on this test but he retired around 1960. I probably wouldn't have made over a 40 to 45% on that test. The things required to pass to the 10th grade were above and beyond anything I learned even up to the 12th grade. And these kids he taught were from the sticks, small towns and cities in northern Florida. They mostly might have been poor, but they weren't lacking in knowledge.

Madison L. Smith - 1916 - Horseshoe FL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

I still got a pair.  For when I "go out" and funerals and ****...

last time I wore em was like...my daughter's marriage...6 years ago.  NO, Wait!!!  They made me wear Spats for that.  I don't know when the last Time I wore em was....I wear Keens Sandals...Year round here in floriduh...

I wear tips about twice a week for work or church.  Whenever i have to wear a suit.   It's pretty common.  The hard part is finding a replacement because most people have no idea what fine shoes are.

• Like 3