Buzz words

DAKA

A new one is Circle of Competence. A euphemism for keeping people out of the information loop. The whole team does the work but in compartmentalized form then a select few are the Circle of Competence and get the credit, pay, promotion Etc. because they get all the information.

Basically how management screws the team and gets rich. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

A new one is Circle of Competence. A euphemism for keeping people out of the information loop. The whole team does the work but in compartmentalized form then a select few are the Circle of Competence and get the credit, pay, promotion Etc. because they get all the information.

Basically how management screws the team and gets rich. 

Those thankless plebes should be grateful for the crumbs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

We need to take a deep dive outside the box for the low hanging fruit.

Think outside the box, but you must still color inside the lines.

• Like 2

Reading some articles about these anti Israel protesters that are too stupid to think about what they are doing and are obviously  being funded by someone with deep pocket, The buzz phrase. "Useful Idiots" comes to mind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

We need to take a deep dive outside the box for the low hanging fruit.

When them young supervisors came in and said we need to do a deep dive  I thought you're going to be another stupid boss.

• Haha 1

• Administrators

I encountered a new bit of media-speak in a local news story online yesterday. A homeless guy was repeatedly referred to as unhoused. Apparently this term is 'trending' (Another bit of jargon I ******* hate) and I am just now becoming aware of it. Why do people waste time and energy on this kind of crap?

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 4.57.00 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

As I was typing this, I have Fox Weather running in the background. I just heard the weatherman refer to a storm as volatable. Does that mean it has the capacity to become volatile? :headscratch: :greensupergrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
Just now, Batesmotel said:

I’ve been hearing Unhoused for a few years.

I prefer the term 'free-range'.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

I just turned on Fox Weather again, to check today's weather. The weather reporter was discussing the storms over central Texas. She was talking about the storms converging, but what she said was, "...As the storms come together and congeal..." What the hell happens when a thunderstorm congeals? Is that hail? Sludge? What is falling on those poor people's heads in central Texas?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I just turned on Fox Weather again, to check today's weather. The weather reporter was discussing the storms over central Texas. She was talking about the storms converging, but what she said was, "...As the storms come together and congeal..." What the hell happens when a thunderstorm congeals? Is that hail? Sludge? What is falling on those poor people's heads in central Texas?

Jello bombs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

It's very binding. 

<b>Christmas Vacations</b> Aunt Bethany&#39;s Special <b>Jello</b> Mold Fake Foods ...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jmohme said:

Reading some articles about these anti Israel protesters that are too stupid to think about what they are doing and are obviously  being funded by someone with deep pocket, The buzz phrase. "Useful Idiots" comes to mind

Illych !

• Like 1

Antisemitic sure has become a popular buzz word as of late now hasn't it?  Almost makes me long for the days when I was just called racist and transphobic.  ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 2