Neil Young on his decision to return to Spotify

gwalchmai

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joni-mitchells-spotify-protest-ends-her-music-added-back-streaming-platform

"My decision comes as music services Apple and Amazon have started serving the same disinformation podcast features I opposed at SPOTIFY," the "Heart of Gold" vocalist wrote. 

He continued, "I cannot just leave Apple and Amazon, like I did with Spotify, because my music would have very little streaming outlet to music lovers at all. So I have returned to Spotify, in sincere hopes that Spotify sound quality will improve and people will be able to hear and feel all the music as we made it."

=======================

Not being a Canajun I would have assumed Heart of Gold was made analogically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joni-mitchells-spotify-protest-ends-her-music-added-back-streaming-platform

"My decision comes as music services Apple and Amazon have started serving the same disinformation podcast features I opposed at SPOTIFY," the "Heart of Gold" vocalist wrote. 

He continued, "I cannot just leave Apple and Amazon, like I did with Spotify, because my music would have very little streaming outlet to music lovers at all. So I have returned to Spotify, in sincere hopes that Spotify sound quality will improve and people will be able to hear and feel all the music as we made it."

=======================

Not being a Canajun I would have assumed Heart of Gold was made analogically. 

"My decision comes from my complete hypocrisy and lack of ethical consistency, and my overwhelming need for money for drugs."  FIFY

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

"My decision comes from my complete hypocrisy and lack of ethical consistency, and my overwhelming need for money for drugs."  FIFY

Neil was against drugs. Joni was a head. Possibly the cause of her morgolan problems.  

Crosby was busted in TX after a high speed chase.  Had dope and loaded 45 auto. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rellik said:

Neil was against drugs. Joni was a head. Possibly the cause of her morgolan problems.  

Crosby was busted in TX after a high speed chase.  Had dope and loaded 45 auto. 

Oops.  I confused Neil with Crosby re: the drugs.  I still think he's an idiot, even if I liked Harvest Moon 30 years ago.

• Like 4

I was never a huge fan of his music.

It played well on AM radio and with the hippies, but as a musician at the time and schooled in composition, every new release of his was the same song over and over again.

He wasn't  that creative, musically or lyrically.

Joni Mitchell, another Canadian, was a great guitarist and song writer.

If all of the white people in the US are evil, racist colonizers that wiped out the wonderful, noble indigenous people in the US, why aren't the Canadians condemned for doing exactly the same thing?  :headscratch:

Were they more polite when they killed the natives of their land?

What are black people called in Canada?

African Americans?

African Canadians?

Canucks?

• Like 6

I enjoyed Young's music and still do. I find his statement that he just simply can not abandon Apple and Amazon as pretty funny ("Cause that's where the money's at!"). But when a formerly popular artist complains about the platform's quality being untrue to his initial vision my eyes have to roll. Shouldn't he be limiting his stuff to vinyl only? 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

**** boomers listen to. Ack.

Not this boomer.  I can count the songs of his I like on one finger.  Can you guess which one (finger, not song)?

10 hours ago, tous said:

I was never a huge fan of his music.

Same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For awhile Neil Young was a part owner of Lionel. He developed a remote control system which allowed his handicapped child to operate Mr Young's Lionel train layout. This system later was the basis of Lionel’s TMCC remote control system.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day, I liked his music.  But, when I listen to it now, it gives me a headache.  Go figure.

But his obfuscation regarding his decisions to leave and return has no logic to it.  It reminds me of a second grader trying to lie his way out of a situation.

Face it Neil you made a scene and left, and nobody cared.  Now you're back, and nobody cares (except the people on this thread who find it amusing). 

"Keep on rockin in the Neil World." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1