Tucker in Tennessee with Hickock & Son

gwalchmai

1 hour ago, minderasr said:

A lot of them are wasted in bowling alleys.  :laughing:

Years (many) ago I used to get some bowling pins from a local place, took them "upstate" and shot at them with a 22 rifle, I seem to remember that they deflected quite a few hits... 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Years (many) ago I used to get some bowling pins from a local place, took them "upstate" and shot at them with a 22 rifle, I seem to remember that they deflected quite a few hits... 

Well, they are designed to deflect 8.595 caliber triple hollow point projectiles.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Maser said:

Never turn a hobby into a job because it stops being a hobby and becomes work.

And when you turn it back into a hobby, all hell breaks loose with people who demand you keep doing it as a job. Except for free because it is just a hobby.

I know this to be a fact. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

And when you turn it back into a hobby, all hell breaks loose with people who demand you keep doing it as a job. Except for free because it is just a hobby.

I know this to be a fact. 

I did take my hobby and turn it into my lifelong profession.  I was so lucky to be able to have fun at work all through the 40+ years.  At my retirement I told my company they weren't too bright 'cause I would have paid them to do what I did.

I never got rich but right away, early on, I decided that to be rich was to work too hard and I wanted to enjoy my life instead.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Maser said:

Never turn a hobby into a job because it stops being a hobby and becomes work.

That was a concern for me, but now after 15 years and me still having fun with it, I no longer worry about that.

What is worse, making your hobby your occupation, or having to have a job you hate so that you can afford your hobby?

• Like 2