Shooter at Houston mega church killed

Fog

19 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Female shooter? Or XY pretending?

I don't know, they are saying "female" and that he/"she" brought a 5yo kid with him/"her". No comment on race, "identity", or motivation yet. Could be they don't know yet, or could be they gotta run a spin cycle first.

They say he/"she" brought a rifle and claimed to have a bomb.

Guess the kid got shot too, no word on who hit him. He/"She" was engaged by at least one off duty LEO working for the church.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And that is why most churches should have an armed security program.  Not a fan of Joel's  pray it to get it ministry but an AS needs to be put down in any church or synagogue or mosque.  We also go to a mega church and have for 25yrs now.  Don't like mega churches, heaven is a big place.....  One might say I have been married for 20yrs because I was on our security team for awhile.  Wife walked up to me and gave me her #.

This will get some news coverage but because a LEO shot her and no one was murdered and this was in a Pro gun state, it will quickly fade away.   Haven't you heard?  The Ukraine soldiers are running out of ammo.

• Like 5

AAAaaannnnndddd........

Hers a him once again.

He gave money to the church and appears to have attended some functions there.

Looks like the child was his foster kid? But that is not confirmed.

Another mental case freak.

Had "Free Palastine" written on his rifle.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Fog said:

AAAaaannnnndddd........

Hers a him once again.

He gave money to the church and appears to have attended some functions there.

Looks like the child was his foster kid? But that is not confirmed.

Another mental case freak.

Had "Free Palastine" written on his rifle.

I guess that makes Troy Finner a liar.

Obviously mentally deranged.  Besides a guy masquerading as a woman, he stands with The Gazans apparently unaware that if he was dropped shipped into Gaza, they would murder him for being a freak.   

We accept anyone at our church but don't confuse that with applauding their lifestyle choices because we don't do that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

Obviously mentally deranged.  Besides a guy masquerading as a woman, he stands with The Gazans apparently unaware that if he was dropped shipped into Gaza, they would murder him for being a freak. 

I read that the kid was born to her. So it was a girl masquerading as a guy masquerading as a girl? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I dunno, just going off what was posted earlier.  Been working so I haven't seen any news saying either way.  I heard there was something written on the barrel.  IF it was - free Palestine, I know why they didn't report that.  

He/she wasn't too smart.  Most mega churches I know of have armed security, many in plain clothes.  She would have been way better off heading to a synagogue unless she loathed herself so much she actually wanted someone to kill her?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I read that the kid was born to her. So it was a girl masquerading as a guy masquerading as a girl? 

I found this...

"Moreno had used multiple aliases, including Jeffery Escalante, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety records search. HPD said they haven't found any evidence that she identified as anything but female."

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/lakewood-church-houston-shooter/285-dc80c9f7-4728-4016-bb34-574582f50f4b

• Like 1

So has anyone determined whether this was a some XX pretending to be an XY, or an XY pretending to be an XX yet?  Because I'm completely confused now.  I can say, however, that anyone who shoots up a church deserves to die, and to be stricken from the Book of Life and forgotten forever.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I think the confusion is coming from the fact that she gave false names to police in the past. These became part of her record and in todays climate it was assumed that the false male sounding name or names meant she was trans. It is now being claimed that she didn't pretend to be a man, she just gave a mans name during a police encounter so they didn't find out she had warrants, but that she never actively used the name or pretended to be male beyond that. Naturally the police added the false name to her list of known aliases. 

Not sure I'm buying that narrative. But, I have seen basically the same story firsthand, sometimes you end up with people trying to be clever in the moment, and they don't realize what a can of worms they are making for themselves later.

It might be a simple case of she was just nucking futs.

• Like 5

On 2/11/2024 at 6:48 PM, railfancwb said:

Female shooter? Or XY pretending?

XX pretending, sometimes. Too bad she/it wagged a child along. The kid is injured bad, but expected to live from what I can gather. Not a lot other than "critically injured". Not sure the relation, maybe an offspring? 

Otherwise the best ending. Only the perp was killed. Finding much for details is tough but some are trickling in. It doesn't fit the agenda.

• Like 3

Kids was shot in the head. No one is saying if she hit him or the security hit him.

Her fault either way and a sad situation. If it was the cops/security you know they feel just sick inside. But she made it happen and they did what HAD to be done, but it won't help them much.

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

XX pretending, sometimes. Too bad she/it wagged a child along. The kid is injured bad, but expected to live from what I can gather. Not a lot other than "critically injured". Not sure the relation, maybe an offspring? 

Otherwise the best ending. Only the perp was killed. Finding much for details is tough but some are trickling in. It doesn't fit the agenda.

I read the child was hers and there is some connection to a Jewish family.  That explains the sticker on the gun maybe. The family connection I would guess has to do with the parent or grandparents of the child.  There was a lot of bitterness between her and this family per the article.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I read the child was hers and there is some connection to a Jewish family.  That explains the sticker on the gun maybe. The family connection I would guess has to do with the parent or grandparents of the child.  There was a lot of bitterness between her and this family per the article.

well, from all I have read and the little I have heard, she was Bat **** Crazy. Reported multiple times over the years but nothing ever done. Mentally ill have rights you know. 

These SJW's think letting the illness continue is better than getting it addressed, like it or not, but I suppose it makes the avenue to peruse their agenda.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

well, from all I have read and the little I have heard, she was Bat **** Crazy. Reported multiple times over the years but nothing ever done. Mentally ill have rights you know. 

These SJW's think letting the illness continue is better than getting it addressed, like it or not, but I suppose it makes the avenue to peruse their agenda.

There was no doubt she was a wack job...............and like many other cases nothing is ever done till the pot boils over.  The poor child if recovers may get a better life as the results of this.

• Like 2

Another shooting at Kansas City Chief’s victory parade.

Cynic in me says the stage is being set for election battles over gun rights.

The murders at a Christian school in Nashville (by a pretend person)  last year caused the governor to call a special legislative session to pass “red flag laws”. The effort failed. From my readings it appeared nothing in the proposed red flag laws would have prevented the murders.  

• Like 4