Pinto Pinto

Eric

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GT4494 said:

I like !!!  Where can I get one? :anim_rofl2:

I wonder if they made that rear cabin bulkhead a firewall, or left it open to the top of the fuel tank, out of a sense of traditionalism?

• Confused 2

• Administrators

Vance DeBar “Pinto” Colvig was a virtual human library of sound effects. In an array of Disney animated films and shorts, Pinto provided spitting for grasshoppers, belching for bugs, and grunting for hogs, among other quirky sound effects. The musician, artist, and former circus clown also lent his voice to Disney’s beloved character, Goofy, from the time of the character’s debut in the 1932 short Mickey’s Revue until Pinto’s death in 1967.

1180w-600h-disney-legend-Pinto-Colvig.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aomagrat said:

I had a Ford Pinto in high school.

I bought my wife one three door when they first came out.

I nor my wife, could get it to move on an icy street so the next year I went to the dealer to talk about the new announced Pinto Wagon.  It had two hundred pounds more on the rear axel.

I bought some cars from this guy and he said he would "trade me even up", a wagon for my pinto three door.  I didn't believe him so I told him to get it approved.  He did.  He said the demand for them was so high he could get more than I paid for it new, as a used car.

When I realized I could get a swap with no money, I loaded it with every option they had and paid a few hundred difference for it.  My wife was pleased.

I could get that thing to chirp the tires in three gears.  I "rust proofed it" and 10 years later it was still cherry, got a good price for it too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

I bought my wife one three door when they first came out.

I nor my wife, could get it to move on an icy street so the next year I went to the dealer to talk about the new announced Pinto Wagon.  It had two hundred pounds more on the rear axel.

I bought some cars from this guy and he said he would "trade me even up", a wagon for my pinto three door.  I didn't believe him so I told him to get it approved.  He did.  He said the demand for them was so high he could get more than I paid for it new, as a used car.

When I realized I could get a swap with no money, I loaded it with every option they had and paid a few hundred difference for it.  My wife was pleased.

I could get that thing to chirp the tires in three gears.  I "rust proofed it" and 10 years later it was still cherry, got a good price for it too.

Aren't the Pinto's the ones that "exploded" when hit in the rear?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, aomagrat said:

28 Pintos caught fire and Ford was sued into the Stone Age.  Over 300 Teslas have caught fire and no one cares.

I thought I remembered from back then...seemed like every other one exploded....Huh      MEDIA     But Ah Ha Tesla  :chatter:

Another fiasco, Corvair.....Loved them and never had a problem   Thanks to NADER who made a name for himself....:eric:

• Like 2

Nader totally missed the mark on hating on that car, all while ignoring motorcycles. He probably popularity-polled motorcycles and found that a large00 majority loved them, so he went on to #2.

(and, besides, motorcycles were joan claybrook's platform, so she probably cat-fought Nader every time he came sniffing around)