Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

F**kin’ Snowman

This is so cute and hilarious ... I can never just watch it one time ... I have watched it like 12, 13 times in a row.

Something tells me Daddy is going to get his @ss chewed out when they get back to the house ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

F**kin’ Snowman

This is so cute and hilarious ... I can never just watch it one time ... I have watched it like 12, 13 times in a row.

Something tells me Daddy is going to get his @ss chewed out when they get back to the house ...

The trick to raising children isn't to ban all swearing, but to instill in them the knowledge of, when to swear, how to swear, what is an appropriate swear and the circumstances that justify the degree.

My wife, one day, jumped me to punish my 2 or 3 year old daughter (its been a long time and I'm not sure of her age) for swearing.  She pulled the screen door and the hook latch fell into the latch position, so when she subsequently pulled the door the latch would snap it back and prevent it from opening.  She tried numerous times to pull the door open without success.

My wife heard the door rattling and came to the rescue of my little girl.  As my daughter was crawling into the kitchen through the door, she exclaimed, "God damned door!".

I refused to punish her for that and I told my wife if it had happened to me, I would have said the same thing.

Sometimes swearing is appropriate.

• Like 3

The purpose of profanity, swearing, cussing, is to emphasize some point or declaration, to separate the imprecation from mundane remarks or complaints.

These days, amongst certain generations, every other word is '*******' this and '*******' that, thus, the word ceases to shock or anger or emphasize, it simply becomes easily ignored background noise, obligatory pronouncement that has lost meaning and impact.

It amuses me when these same generations denounce and deny religion as just an artifact of their ignorant ancestors, yet they bleat, Oh, my god! every twelve seconds and for any and every occasion.

:upeyes:

I have stated before, complex thinking requires complex language.

When the language has been simplified to eliminate the profane or impious, when folk exclaim, Oh, my god! most, being basically illiterate, abbreviate that exclamation as, OMG! yet deny the existence of a deity, any deity, we no longer have a language.

We have the human equivalent of ring tones.

So, there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

The trick to raising children isn't to ban all swearing, but to instill in them the knowledge of, when to swear, how to swear, what is an appropriate swear and the circumstances that justify the degree.

My wife, one day, jumped me to punish my 2 or 3 year old daughter (its been a long time and I'm not sure of her age) for swearing.  She pulled the screen door and the hook latch fell into the latch position, so when she subsequently pulled the door the latch would snap it back and prevent it from opening.  She tried numerous times to pull the door open without success.

My wife heard the door rattling and came to the rescue of my little girl.  As my daughter was crawling into the kitchen through the door, she exclaimed, "God damned door!".

I refused to punish her for that and I told my wife if it had happened to me, I would have said the same thing.

48 minutes ago, tous said:

The purpose of profanity, swearing, cussing, is to emphasize some point or declaration, to separate the imprecation from mundane remarks or complaints.

These days, amongst certain generations, every other word is '*******' this and '*******' that, thus, the word ceases to shock or anger or emphasize, it simply becomes easily ignored background noise, obligatory pronouncement that has lost meaning and impact.

It amuses me when these same generations denounce and deny religion as just an artifact of their ignorant ancestors, yet they bleat, Oh, my god! every twelve seconds and for any and every occasion.

When the language has been simplified to eliminate the profane or impious, when folk exclaim, Oh, my god! most, being basically illiterate, abbreviate that exclamation as, OMG! yet deny the existence of a deity, any deity, we no longer have a language.

So, there.

I use profanity ... from time to time I use it more than I wish. When those times happen it usually chills my language out for a month or two. I try not to curse around my wife unless it's something seriously worth cursing about. I don't curse around other people's kids or wives except in extreme cases.

Sometime cursing has it's place, these days my personal opinion is people curse so much it's a huge part of their everyday language, Some people can barely spew out a sentence without profanity. I don't like to be around it that much.

And I ALWAYS try to keep the GD out of my mouth. But that's me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, janice6 said:

11 hours ago, tous said:

So, there.

And then there's this:

screen shot image-2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

NFL owners approve massive revamp to kickoff play.
This rule change is for one year only in anticipation of possible tweaks over time.

What do you guys think?

The two primary drivers behind this rule change from what I can tell are:

1. Supposedly, less high speed hitting tackles.
2. More use of special teams on the hopes that it will increase kickoff return yardage.
(I don’t like it … but I don’t favor change in most things, (i.e. NASCAR rules in the last 5 or so years.) BUT if it livens up the game maybe I’ll come around to it. Another thing is, I watch so little pro-football anymore I don't know if this rule change will ever have any impact on my opinion of the game in real time. ALSO, if this rule is approved for a second year or more, will they try moving it to the college games???)

Here’s my assessment of the rule change.
During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard lines. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.
No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or hits a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.

I hope my on the field mark-up doesn't really screw up anyone's understanding of what's going on, lol.

You can read more here:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39812700/nfl-owners-approve-massive-revamp-kickoff-play

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 12.13.49 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

NFL owners approve massive revamp to kickoff play.
This rule change is for one year only in anticipation of possible tweaks over time.

What do you guys think?

The two primary drivers behind this rule change from what I can tell are:

1. Supposedly, less high speed hitting tackles.
2. More use of special teams on the hopes that it will increase kickoff return yardage.
(I don’t like it … but I don’t favor change in most things, (i.e. NASCAR rules in the last 5 or so years.) BUT if it livens up the game maybe I’ll come around to it. Another thing is, I watch so little pro-football anymore I don't know if this rule change will ever have any impact on my opinion of the game in real time.)

Here’s my assessment of the rule change.
During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard lines. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.
No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or hits a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.

I hope my on the field mark-up doesn't really screw up anyone's understanding of what's going on, lol.

You can read more here:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39812700/nfl-owners-approve-massive-revamp-kickoff-play

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 12.13.49 PM.png

I don't like the new rule myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

My feelings also so far. We'll see. I don't watch that much pro-ball anymore.

I watch the last 10 minutes of the Dolphins .. that's enough

• Like 2

Watch: 70-Year-Old (FUGLY) Transgender Lawyer Stephanie Mueller Goes Viral for Provocative Courtroom Outfit.
A deep-voiced male lawyer in Washington State is being jeered for his decision to sexually display himself as a big-chested woman in a low-cut dress.
“This is a man with a fetish for an absurd caricature of the female form that clearly thrives on the attention,” said British journalist Darren Grimes. “Democrat America is nuts.”
“This weird minstrel show ‘woman-face’ is pure misogyny … in offensive stereotype costumes,” said a tweet from a self-declared liberal, Yoysher Freyheyt.

(I couldn't get just the first video clip, I had to get both of them, the first one is the one you need to watch. You need to squint your eyes a little though.)

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 8.34.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 9.00.51 AM - Phoebe Buffay - My Eyes, My eyes.png

https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2024/04/05/watch-transgender-sexual-display-by-courthouse-lawyer/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Watch: 70-Year-Old (FUGLY) Transgender Lawyer Stephanie Mueller Goes Viral for Provocative Courtroom Outfit.
A deep-voiced male lawyer in Washington State is being jeered for his decision to sexually display himself as a big-chested woman in a low-cut dress.
“This is a man with a fetish for an absurd caricature of the female form that clearly thrives on the attention,” said British journalist Darren Grimes. “Democrat America is nuts.”
“This weird minstrel show ‘woman-face’ is pure misogyny … in offensive stereotype costumes,” said a tweet from a self-declared liberal, Yoysher Freyheyt.

(I couldn't get just the first video clip, I had to get both of them, the first one is the one you need to watch. You need to squint your eyes a little though.)

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 8.34.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 9.00.51 AM - Phoebe Buffay - My Eyes, My eyes.png

https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2024/04/05/watch-transgender-sexual-display-by-courthouse-lawyer/

What happened to courtroom decorum?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My parents wedding on April 7th, 1957 in Pompano Beach, FL. I was born on April 8th .... 1960, lol.

My father was 6'3" tall. Both of my grandfathers were tall men. My mother's father was a farmer, my father's father was a school principal. My father had just gotten out of the U.S. Air Force and would go on to work for the North Florida Telephone Co.

Smith, Govan And Frances - Wedding - 4.7.1957.png

• Like 5

I was sooo happy to see this video. Not for the sick, liberal message of hate and murder she intended to share but for the reason that if you pay attention you will learn or see something new EVERY DAY. I worked in a dairy for years when I was in school but before this, I had NEVER seen a cow dance.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I was sooo happy to see this video. Not for the sick, liberal message of hate and murder she intended to share but for the reason that if you pay attention you will learn or see something new EVERY DAY. I worked in a dairy for years when I was in school but before this, I had NEVER seen a cow dance.

Her parents should be ashamed at not getting her proper help for her nutritional problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1