Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

16 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Badass Australian Ford Falcon.

Back in the early 80s, I pulled into the local Shell station where one of my friends worked. There was a guy in a ratty old Ford Pinto fueling at the far pump and a local cop fueling also.   The Pinto guy got done and got in his POS and the car started making a terrible rattling sound.  My guess is that it was an electric fuel pump because then he started it, pulled out on the highway and gave us a show similar to the one in your video.  Noise, smoke from the tires and this POS Pinto launching down the road and out of site with the cop just standing there with his mouth open. He looked over at us and says "what? You think I'm going to chase after that?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

Back in the early 80s, I pulled into the local Shell station where one of my friends worked. There was a guy in a ratty old Ford Pinto fueling at the far pump and a local cop fueling also.   The Pinto guy got done and got in his POS and the car started making a terrible rattling sound.  My guess is that it was an electric fuel pump because then he started it, pulled out on the highway and gave us a show similar to the one in your video.  Noise, smoke from the tires and this POS Pinto launching down the road and out of site with the cop just standing there with his mouth open. He looked over at us and says "what? You think I'm going to chase after that?"

:anim_rofl2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

:anim_rofl2:

When I was into cars, I helped a friend at work take a three door pinto and shovel a 302 into it, took a 5 foot drive shaft, 4 wheel disc brakes, shortened water pump shaft.  He used to hold the brake and smoke the tires (11" in the rear and 9" in the front).  Everything looked stock from the outside except for the tires.  I even taught him how to paint it.

He was a physicist I worked with.  Great guy.

• Like 2

Just now, railfancwb said:

I don’t know… there’s Hooters and then there’s HOOTERS!

Hooters in Nashville 50 yeas ago, had Highschool girls working there.  Some looked like grade schoolers....  It was disturbing to a "father".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

Hooters in Nashville 50 yeas ago, had Highschool girls working there.  Some looked like grade schoolers....  It was disturbing to a "father".

Surprising in a way, as Tennessee has/had alcohol laws that wouldn’t allow cashiers under legal drinking age to even handle beer etc in grocery store checkouts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Surprising in a way, as Tennessee has/had alcohol laws that wouldn’t allow cashiers under legal drinking age to even handle beer etc in grocery store checkouts. 

Dunno, it was the hit at the time.  Maybe your a lot younger than my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Dunno, it was the hit at the time.  Maybe your a lot younger than my experience.

Might be the underage wait staff required an older person to carry the alcohol to the guests. At the checkouts a manager or staff member of legal age would pick up the alcohol and ring it up or scan it then put it on the other side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Might be the underage wait staff required an older person to carry the alcohol to the guests. At the checkouts a manager or staff member of legal age would pick up the alcohol and ring it up or scan it then put it on the other side. 

The guys I was with didn't order alcohol, I don't even know if it was on the menu.....

My opinion only, but since that he is a filthy Iranian, he is most likely a mooslim and probably kicked the ring girl because of her clothing. I don’t think Russians like for their women to be disrespected like that. So he gets his ass kicked twice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Baseball - Tell Your Grandmother That The Coach Is Not A Shithead

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 9-year-old baseball players aside and asked, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?"
"Yes, coach", replied the little boy.
Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?"
The little boy said again, “Yes, coach.”
"So," the coach continued, "I'm sure you know, when an out is called, you shouldn't argue, curse the umpire or call him an *******. Do you understand all that?"
Once more, the small boy nodded in agreement.
The coach continued, "And when I take you out of the game so that another boy gets a chance to play, it's not a dumb-ass decision or because the coach is a shithead is it?"
"No, coach."
"Good", said the coach. "Now go over there and explain all that to your grandmother.”

**00 00 00 Baseball - Tell Your Grandmother That The Coach Is Not A Shithead.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

It’s always a good idea to let your wife know that she can go to your mom for cooking advice BEFORE you put yourself in a situation where weapons … or appliances are available to her.

SCHTUM ..... Best idea  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've got a question about punctuation. I know it's basic stuff but it's easier to get an answer here than to go get three different answers on Google. In the joke above about baseball there is an example:

"Yes, coach", replied the little boy. "

Does that red comma belong INSIDE the quotation marks or OUTSIDE. I think it should be inside but wherever I copied it from it was like it is. The period is inside the quotations so why wouldn't it be the same?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I've got a question about punctuation. I know it's basic stuff but it's easier to get an answer here than to go get three different answers on Google. In the joke above about baseball there is an example:

"Yes, coach", replied the little boy. "

Does that red comma belong INSIDE the quotation marks or OUTSIDE. I think it should be inside but wherever I copied it from it was like it is. The period is inside the quotations so why wouldn't it be the same?

The comma belongs outside as the comma isn't being quoted (it's not followed by another clause). You have a superfluous quotation mark at the end. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

The comma belongs outside as the comma isn't being quoted (it's not followed by another clause). You have a superfluous quotation mark at the end. 

Oh no the GRAMMAR POLICE:bowdown:

• Haha 4

Seeing this beautiful photograph of a Florida Bobcat on its nest near Siesta Key, Florida reminded me to advise those not familiar with the Florida Bobcat Nesting Protection Act of 1782.

PSA Especially For Non-Resident Florida Visitors

This is Bobcat nesting season in Florida and everybody is reminded that disturbing a bobcat on the nest or disturbing a bobcat nest is a violation of Florida State Statute (69 F.S.C. 668-668d). Violation of this statute includes severe criminal penalties.
Violation of this statute could include fines up to $100,000 and up to 2 years imprisonment.
It currently prohibits anyone, without a permit issued by the Secretary of the Interior, from "taking" bobcat nests, or eggs, or in any other manner, disturbing bobcat nests, or eggs, including possessing, selling, purchasing, bartering, offering to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, at any time or any manner, any bobcat hatchlings, alive or dead, or any part, nest, or egg thereof.

Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 8.44.01 PM.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1