Sometimes I feel old

gwalchmai

Yesterday I went to Knoxville to pick up some furniture to take to my son in ATL. He moved in to a new apartment and needs furnishings, so we're using stuff from my wife's uncle's place. Today I unloaded it and cleaned it up, and then reloaded it into the truck to take it tomorrow. I don't know why but I'm bushed. Well, I got a haircut this morning, which may have something to do with it. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My son moved to San Diego after he graduated.

Day one. Load truck and his car. Drive Salt Lake to Las Vegas. 

Day two. Drive Vegas to San Diego. Unload to third floor apartment. Drive back to Las Vegas. 

Day three. Book extra day in Las Vegas and SLEEP!

20 years ago I would have had no problem just doing a straight shot home. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, crockett said:

Getting old sucks!

Bought a bicycle 2 days ago to improve my heath through workout and what do I get after the first ride? A prostate the size of an apple.

Yup.  Went to Tampa for 5 days, couldn't use my Tread mill or my weights.  Only 5 days.  The next 3 days on the mill and the weights were a pain in the...well, ya know...

Think I'm bout back to normal...

I don't really mind too much the physical limitations of getting older, but it's the mental thoughts that freak me out.  I always told myself as a pre-teen, teen, and young adult that I would never become one of them old men that complain about the younger generation, but that's literally all I complain about now.  I guess we are just pre-programmed in our brains to crap on the younger generation.  Or maybe it's just karma for making fun of boomers all the time. 

On 3/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Yup.  Went to Tampa for 5 days, couldn't use my Tread mill or my weights.  Only 5 days.  The next 3 days on the mill and the weights were a pain in the...well, ya know...

Think I'm bout back to normal...

Yep, can't back off,  just a few days and it's like starting all over.  I try to go to the gym five days a week but sometime difficult. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, pipedreams said:

Yep, can't back off,  just a few days and it's like starting all over.  I try to go to the gym five days a week but sometime difficult. 

Famous concert pianist was quoted as saying “Skip practice one day I notice. Skip two days the orchestra notices. Skip three days the audience notices.”

• Like 3

A good handful of friends died around me in recent years, others are fighting chronic conditions. Too many cases to ignore the fact that health doesn't get better over time, and there is absolutely no guarantee that we will make it to 80, or whatever the average life expectancy may be.

The most important assets we have are time and health. Both are running out.

So I sat down last year and made a list of things that truly made me happy in my past, even if it goes back to childhood times. I do not care what people think or have to say about my new hobbies.

So I go to the beach 2 to 3 times a week, play like a kid in the water, I buy all those Lego sets I couldn't afford when I was young, I watch tons of 80s movies again, collect and play with electronics as well as computers from the 80s, go camping in my minivan camper conversion thingy the way I used to with my parents, and will be going to waterparks soon once they reopen fully.

Don't waste your precious time. If you have a halfway decent day, health-wise, get out there and do something fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1