Weird day

crockett

I didn't get ANYTHING done today, kitchen looks like a battlefield, didn't sleep well, woke up several times for no good reason, day trading was a joke, market is erratic, don't feel like doing anything fun, couple online chats I frequent are basically dead, sent a few emails for quotes last Friday but nobody cares to reply so far...

Is it just me..?

• Sad 4

Wasn't too bad a day.  Had a GREAT Spectrum guy came over and trouble shot my system.  Been droppin the internet many times during the day for a week or so.  He found All sorts of bad connections and half assed "fixes" from the past.  Looks like it's runnin Great Now!!  He's been doin this work for over 30 years...pretty much nothin he ain't see.  SO hard to find True Craftsmen that actually give a siht anymore.  Sorry your day was not Productive.  "Beware the Ides of March" my man!!:greensupergrin:  Hopefully the rest of the week will be better...

• Like 5

I’m sitting here waiting to hear if a guy got served court papers today. Should be today or tomorrow. He is the husband of a good friend. They are getting divorced. He is an abusive piece of ****. Nice guy when they married but he progressed to being horrible. 

My wife and I have been helping her navigate the divorce proceedings. He is the one who filed thinking the one who filed first gets it all in the end. He has been just dragging his feet, lying to the attorneys, dismissing court orders and disregarding Rule 109 of Utah divorce code. That’s the section that outlines everything you can’t do in a divorce situation. 

We helped her put together the evidence for the Order of Disclosure and Declaration he is about to be served.

In non legal terms, the hammer of god is about to crush his lying ass. This guy pissed me off 20 years ago and had spread lies about me ever since. 

Payback is a ******* bitch.  

Edited by Batesmotel
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

I didn't get ANYTHING done today, kitchen looks like a battlefield, didn't sleep well, woke up several times for no good reason, day trading was a joke, market is erratic, don't feel like doing anything fun, couple online chats I frequent are basically dead, sent a few emails for quotes last Friday but nobody cares to reply so far...

Is it just me..?

Nope.  Combination of people being tired of the lock down stupids, distancing, forgetting to he civil and the time of the year.

People don't take care of themselves this time of the year.   With lots of people working from home they aren't taking time off to reset.

I know i'm fighting it like hell right now.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Historian said:

Nope.  Combination of people being tired of the lock down stupids, distancing, forgetting to he civil and the time of the year.

People don't take care of themselves this time of the year.   With lots of people working from home they aren't taking time off to reset.

I know i'm fighting it like hell right now.   

Be strong old friend.

if I can, you can

• Like 2

Not you.  I didn't sleep either - husband loud coming to bed late, then I was too hot, then I was too cold, then hot, then cold, then my back hurt, then the animals were scratching at the door.  Just a waste.  The oldest kid is seriously depressed, the youngest has no patience for it, the husband is a grouch.  I want to go to Tahiti.  Or North Dakota.  I don't care which.  Just away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Not you.  I didn't sleep either - husband loud coming to bed late, then I was too hot, then I was too cold, then hot, then cold, then my back hurt, then the animals were scratching at the door.  Just a waste.  The oldest kid is seriously depressed, the youngest has no patience for it, the husband is a grouch.  I want to go to Tahiti.  Or North Dakota.  I don't care which.  Just away.

Bingo.   I am burned out on this burg. 

Nobody gets off in this town
Old folks 'round here wear a frown
Now let me see if I can set the scene
It's a one-dog town and he's old and mean
There's one stop light but it's always green

High school colors are brown
They can't drag Main because it kicks up dust
Their cars and their dreams are all starting to rust
The high school dances are always a bust

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Tahiti sounds about right!

LE6JP57N25CWVL77MWUTBYJXTA.jpg

• Like 5

This turned out to be a good day for me.  Three weeks ago I literally "broke" my wife.  

At the peak of it all, she begged off from exhaustion, and suddenly had a severe attack of vertigo.  Went to the Dr. the next day.  She got some pills and a recommendation to go easy for a while and let the "vertigo and subsequent dizziness" wear off. 

Today was three weeks later, and she still felt "dizzy".  We took a nap and later I woke up.  Then I woke her up.  She said I finally got rid of her "dizziness" and all seems good with the world.

She is better and I am thankful.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, janice6 said:

This turned out to be a good day for me.  Three weeks ago I literally "broke" my wife.  

At the peak of it all, she begged off from exhaustion, and suddenly had a severe attack of vertigo.  Went to the Dr. the next day.  She got some pills and a recommendation to go easy for a while and let the "vertigo and subsequent dizziness" wear off. 

Image tagged in joe dirt dang - Imgflip

First, glad to hear she's doing better, Janice.  

(cough)  I'm impressed, Studmeister....

We Are Not Worthy GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Slept like **** it effin snowed again. Ford dealer pissed me off walmart pissed me off napa pissed me off. Stupid drivers pissed me off. Now i dont have a damn tomato for my burger!! Thank god i got beer and whiskey!!! Well eff me i am out of bacon as well. Just eff right off monday you sob!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The day has not improved.  A raccoon attacked the Ninja Duck.  (The same duck beat off a coyote a couple years ago, without injury to herself, despite being carried up the hill in the coyote's mouth, which is why she lives here and didn't go to Freezer Camp with the rest of the ducks).   She was not quite so lucky this time...The raccoon is dead (2 shotgun shells and then beaten to death with the stock, because the bastard wasn't dying fast enough).  The Ninja Duck is either recovering or dying in my bathtub.  Her neck is gashed and holed.  I've done what I can, but this day just needs to end.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Bring it back my Lady...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Slept like **** it effin snowed again. Ford dealer pissed me off walmart pissed me off napa pissed me off. Stupid drivers pissed me off. Now i dont have a damn tomato for my burger!! Thank god i got beer and whiskey!!! Well eff me i am out of bacon as well. Just eff right off monday you sob!

I hear ya man.  There's just..."Days like that"...

Gettin so, I open my eyes in the mornin and say..."what ya got for me today Big guy??"  Our other options, are?:cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I woke up at 5:00 AM and couldn't get back to sleep until I got up at 6:20 and ate a salad.  Then, I slept. 

I rode my bike around the neighborhood, and mowed the front lawn.  My father in law passed away from covid last week, so I was happy when my wife and I spent a couple of hours planting seeds around the yard. I think it was good for her to take her mind off of it.  You know, just sort of space out and listen to the birds.

Then, burritos for dinner: ground turkey, black beans, rice and SALSA.

Pretty good day all in all.  Not sure how long it's going to be until I can sleep well again.  Loss always messes me up for quite a while.  I feel guilty when I feel good and the rest of the time I'm just sort of animated or melancholy.  It's a mixed bag.  Exercise always helps. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1