My uncle was diagnosed with Covid.

7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

So sad that someone can be in the hospital and thinking they won't live another day, but can't have visitors.

The worst part of this dreadful mess as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

He has asked to be removed from all support. His son is with him wearing a hazmat suit. The rest of the family is face timing. His blood oxygen is down to 69 and he is on a sedative. 

I'm so sad. This man was so wonderful to me all my life, but especially when I was a kid. He is my mother's brother. I used to spend summers at their home. Always felt so accepted there. No criticism ever. I hope our Heavenly Father welcomes him the same way he and my Aunt welcomed me.

Lots of great memories of the time we spent together, especially when he and I knocked off 2 bull elk together up the South Toutle, just the 2 of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Walt, you’ve caught more than your fair share of grief in 2020. Longtime neighbor, father, now uncle, and maybe others of which I am unaware. Hoping that 2021 will bring easing of your grief and some good experiences. 

I also lost a cousin in the past 2 months.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

I also lost a cousin in the past 2 months.

I lost a cousin about six months ago, Walt.

You poured a lot of love in to those last few posts.   You sound like a fine person.  We're all praying for your family and you.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Duluth said:

I lost a buddy to suicide in September. I'm making it a point to check in with friends and relatives. There's a lot of loneliness and depression happening in these times.  

I lost my younger brother to suicide in 2013. It was a total shock. No one saw that coming. I found a book that was very helpful. I bought a hard copy, but it's available electronically. "Finding Peace Without all the Pieces." Many people don't know what to say to the victims (survivors) of suicide, and a lot of what they say is just plain the wrong thing to say. It's not intentional. It is just that we don't talk about suicide. I recommend you read the book.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

Uncle has passed away. Two of his daughters have tested positive and have mild symptoms so far.

Prayers for your and Harlan’s family’s healing and his passing into heaven.

• Like 5