Pets

Eric

50 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I still hope to...hopefully have one more dog...a Rescue Boston...Two "Old Guys", ya know?  :D  Or a Lady.:D

I was going to make some witty response.  But in retrospect, I totally believe in your decision.  A person needs someone or something to confide in, or we face all our fears alone, and alone is the worst possible state to be in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Cool.  You deserve a better icon...Just me...

Anyway, I love the colors. That would be a beautiful two-tone color scheme for a prewar antique car. Something sexy, but still stately. Maybe a 1936 Auburn 852 SC.

981186515_ScreenShot2020-11-13at10_01_28PM.png.3ab63aa4331f3cf85657a49e2a927ec1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dogs, Cats, Fish and at least one Yellow Canary.

i had Dogs all my life, Cats were around when i was a Kid but no one really owns a cat.

i Love Animals and Prefer Animals to people in most every case. Hell i even prefer other People`s Animals to their owners in most cases.

i think about them all a lot.

when i was a kid Crime was out of control and we had a Trained German Shepherd that we really depended on for Security, i dont remember how many times she`d get up and check a sound and just lay and wait.

i do remember the times she scared people away.

from the Staffie that babysat me and kept me from venturing up or down the stairs by holding me by the Diaper

to the Pittie sitting next to me now looking over my shoulder and wagging his tail, i remember them all.

i Miss them all too.

• Like 5

Had squirrels and chipmunks in a huge old display case. Dad brought home a bunch of baby flying squirrels that were in a tree he fell. They are nocturnal so most people haven't seen one.

I've always had dogs. My current one tracks moose for me when bow hunting, carries a pack, pulls a sled, rides in anything I can get her in including kayaks. The one before her, a Lab GSD mix weighed 125 pounds, never wore a collar or was confined. Lived outdoors here in Alaska but could come into the garage through a doggy door. He roared like a Lion. Only went to a vet twice in his 17 years, the 2nd time being when he was put to sleep.

I'll always have a dog. And my dogs are always the best. 

• Like 4

We have had owls on many occasions that were likely hit by cars or plowed into a power line. They need hair in their diet, so we would use the family cat as a donor to add fur to the hamburger we fed them

Had a raccoon, a Redtail Hawk. wild Pigeons (those were fun to catch at night walking trestles over the log pond carrying a flashlight and gunny sack)

Plus the menagerie of chickens, ducks, rabbits, goats, and such.

My cousin had a deer. It rode in the log truck with him.

My best friend had 2 coyote pups he rescued on a logging job.

Edited by Walt Longmire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When in my early teens I had a five gallon aquarium with guppies and plants. All did very well. Much better than I was ever able to do with a larger tank. Read that tropical fish appreciate some live food in their diet. Harvested a small net full of mosquito larvae from a nearby puddle and put them in the aquarium. The guppies ate maybe 80% of them. The rest matured and flew into the house, leading to a lecture with repeated excited expressions to the effect of “And don’t you EVER do that again!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

When in my early teens I had a five gallon aquarium with guppies and plants. All did very well. Much better than I was ever able to do with a larger tank. Read that tropical fish appreciate some live food in their diet. Harvested a small net full of mosquito larvae from a nearby puddle and put them in the aquarium. The guppies ate maybe 80% of them. The rest matured and flew into the house, leading to a lecture with repeated excited expressions to the effect of “And don’t you EVER do that again!”

When my brother had the raccoon (Oscar) living in the closet. Dad came into the room for something, started to speak, and then looks around, "What's that smell?"  Me, "Oh, that must be Oscar."  Dad, "Who's Oscar?"  Me, "Dan's pet raccoon." Yeah, Oscar got moved to an outdoor cage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

When my brother had the raccoon (Oscar) living in the closet. Dad came into the room for something, started to speak, and then looks around, "What's that smell?"  Me, "Oh, that must be Oscar."  Dad, "Who's Oscar?"  Me, "Dan's pet raccoon." Yeah, Oscar got moved to an outdoor cage.

raccoon  ??

you can tell this old dude loves  these critters and they love him . 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 11/13/2020 at 10:45 PM, Walt Longmire said:

Had squirrels and chipmunks in a huge old display case. Dad brought home a bunch of baby flying squirrels that were in a tree he fell. They are nocturnal so most people haven't seen one.

I've always had dogs. My current one tracks moose for me when bow hunting, carries a pack, pulls a sled, rides in anything I can get her in including kayaks. The one before her, a Lab GSD mix weighed 125 pounds, never wore a collar or was confined. Lived outdoors here in Alaska but could come into the garage through a doggy door. He roared like a Lion. Only went to a vet twice in his 17 years, the 2nd time being when he was put to sleep.

I'll always have a dog. And my dogs are always the best. 

58C431BB-0DA4-4035-8A49-E4002A601AA9.jpeg

On 11/14/2020 at 5:39 PM, ASH said:

raccoon  ??

you can tell this old dude loves  these critters and they love him . 

That’s a bunch of fat trash pandas. The home owner has instituted his extermination of the trash pandas by giving them diabeetus and the big “C”.